Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Saffy I do that too...think this might be our last one till Christmas Day.

The only issue is, it's one of not very many meals that everyone will eat without a fuss, so I often default out of tiredness or ennui.

Saffy I do that too...think this might be our last one till Christmas Day.

The only issue is, it's one of not very many meals that everyone will eat without a fuss, so I often default out of tiredness or ennui.
The yearly roast embargo. :thumbs:

I know what you mean. It's one of the only meals we can all happily eat too. My boy has been making noises recently of going off them but he's got a job at Maccies and eating far too many fries and burgers. At least with a roast he gets veg.

Mmm pies :thumbs:

We had enchiladas: sauce is really simple to make, 3 tablespoons of oil and the same of flour, chilli, garlic powder,oregano, cinnamon and smoked paprika plus stock and tomato paste and a tsp of vinegar whisked in at the end.

For the filling I split a pack of mince and bulked it up with lentils (plus black beans for the enchiladas) and made a couple of portions of Bolognese as well.

Beef Singapore noodles ready meal from the Co-op. Can't be bothered cooking, I'm revising for an exam. Well, currently having a break, taking a bath.

FYI I made this suggestion over dinner and was met with great umbrage from the men :rolleyes: :D
I love a roast dinner (although I tend to do more in the way of what I call mini-roasts involving a pork chop, rump steak, or chicken leg instead of a whole joint/bird since I'm the only one that eats those, OH is pescetarian, and he gets a tuna steak, bit of salmon, veggie sausages or veggie pie or stuffed pepper instead) and I actually ramp up the frequency towards Xmas because I start getting excited about Xmas dinner and want more roasts :D
Bugger, forgot to order sprouts, must remember next week.
I don't do all the trimmings every time, tend to alternate between stuffing balls and Yorkshires, and usually only 1 type of veg - I save all the faff of doing absolutely everything all at once til the day itself when we have guests to help eat it all - everyone bar me is pescetarian though so we have a side of salmon on Xmas day and I do meat for myself for round 2 on Boxing Day :D

Cor you certainly know how to do Sundays, sounds excellent!
Mrs Numbers seasoned them up (10 big
Chicken thighs for less than £5 from Sainsburys) Saturday morning and we oven’d them up today. I don’t normally like having a nod on a Sunday but after a late night last night it was lovely to eat, sleep and wake to a twinge for ice-cream.

Fancy some chips now tho’ but we have none in and no way am I taking my Oodie off to go get some so more ice-cream it is.

OH spent the day in Watford General getting checked out (chest infection with asthma/copd complications) and phoned in sick when he got home at around the same time he'd usually be getting up to go to his night shift, so we're having a very late tea tonight as he's still sleeping and really needs to rest.

I think I might go Greek style roast tonight because someone mentioned Greek potatoes a couple of days ago and that gave me a hankering!
So chicken thighs for me, stuffed pepper for OH, Greek roast potatoes, and I'll see what other veg we've got, leeks or carrots (or both) probably!

Edit: actually am in 2 minds, I might do the Greek food later in the week as I have some beef shin which would make a lovely stifado to go excellently with the Greek spuds. I might do a more traditional English mini-roast tonight and stifado/gemista with Greek spuds another day. Have to decide quickly though! :D

Last edited:
Hope N is alright Epona mate.

Thanks, I'll pass on the good wishes when he wakes up!
We've both had a rough few weeks with colds then flu, I'm alright now but he's had this secondary infection for a while now, he's got a ton of pills (antibiotics for the infection, prednisolone for the asthma) and I hope they gave him a new inhaler too, plus 3 nights off to rest, hopefully that will give the infection a good kicking.

Smoked tofu traybake, although there's only 1 block of tofu and I'm not sure it's enough for 3 people so I might have to supplement it with some cubes of halloumi.

Tsebhi birsen, white basmati rice, a good dollop of Skyr.

Double chocolate muffins with bramble jelly melty middles and a decaff coffee.

Back
Top Bottom