Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Belated birthday meal. Drove over to Oldham to a place I spotted on Facebook months ago and it was worth it. Wednesday night is all you can eat tandoori for £13.50 so I expected a buffet. We got a classic British starter of poppadoms and then we got everything freshly cooked, a plate full of meat, rice,.chips, curry sauce and naan brought to us and told we could order more if needed. We didn't :)

PXL_20230712_190957724.MP.jpg

Fancy that myself tomorrow. Which sausages? Got some cauldrons in the fridge which have been reverted to their original recipe.

There used to be a cafe on Lordship Lane that had unbelievably nice veggie sausage, this size of traditional bangers but I've forgotten who made them
Taste the Difference No Pork and Apple. They're very nice and the outside goes kind of sticky.

Belated birthday meal. Drove over to Oldham to a place I spotted on Facebook months ago and it was worth it. Wednesday night is all you can eat tandoori for £13.50 so I expected a buffet. We got a classic British starter of poppadoms and then we got everything freshly cooked, a plate full of meat, rice,.chips, curry sauce and naan brought to us and told we could order more if needed. We didn't :)

View attachment 382992

Oh my god that looks absolutely amazing!

Prime fare for a birthday treat indeed :) Happy belated birthday :)

Oh my god that looks absolutely amazing!

Prime fare for a birthday treat indeed :) Happy belated birthday :)

Thanks! I said I didn't want anything for my birthday other then a meal out in town, but since then she's stopped drinking it didn't seem so fun. So driving somewhere cheap(ish) on a weeknight and me drinking a few cans without it being a booze session worked well. And we're buying some new camping kit as a joint present with the money saved.

And I think it was as good as anything I'd have got in the city centre.

It looks fantastic, I'd be well happy to be served that, and at £13.50 a head that's a bloody bargain, the cost of eating out is through the roof right now and that looks like a good amount of food for the price - I'd be well chuffed (and I do love a bit of tandoori style stuff).

It looks fantastic, I'd be well happy to be served that, and at £13.50 a head that's a bloody bargain, the cost of eating out is through the roof right now and that looks like a good amount of food for the price - I'd be well chuffed (and I do love a bit of tandoori style stuff).

Yeah, it's bonkers. Its why I ask for a meal as a gift as its to much to do it routinely. That said I love finds like this, I won't pay for British style food out normally as I'm often left thinking I could have cooked better then the places that we can afford. I've got my tandoori meats ok, but I can't do naan and I love the variety which is also hard to do unless your cooking for lots of people.

I think I'm going to do curry (using the last bits of my roast chicken for mine, and veggies/spuds/spinach for OH) and some mushroom rice.

I'll do enough that I can take a portion with me as a packed lunch tomorrow, there's a microwave I can heat it up in if I don't fancy it cold.

Braemar chicken (bacon wrapped around a chicken breast wrapped around black pudding, in peppercorn sauce) and courgettes. Mushrooms and beetroot leaves with garlic and teriyaki sauce as a separate course. Been snacking on raspberries all afternoon but I can probably find a few more ripe ones to eat after.

My wherewithal didn't put in an appearance in sufficient quantity to actually cook tonight, so will probably just have some crisps and chocolate before I head to bed in a bit.

Pulled pork chilli from the freezer/microwave. Bit of an odd that, I was experimenting. It's not bad but it's rare for me to say a dish has to much meat, but I actually think I did it.

Last night was pizza, disappointly badly cooked cos the oven never gets used and I was in no state to cook. Fine but meh.
Tonight may be meatloaf, depending on whether the date on the mince matches the smell when opened. If not then some random shite from the freezer, seems to be loads of chilis, ragus and curries, still have 5l of frozen chicken stock to do the freeze/thaw over muslin consomme thing. I need to do more cooking I think. Was good for me.

Back
Top Bottom