Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

More batch cooking. Big pork and chickpea curry. It's a bit random as had half a jar of gosht pate to use, but not enough for the whole thing, so other spices as well and mustard oil. I've also really got into using the food processor for onions. By the time you've finished frying them and done the spices, it's pretty much a paste. Some nice looking tenderstem I got from the local veg shop and rice and naan.

That will be both freezers full, so not ball ache midweek for quite a while.

On the subject of pasta I tried Boccole the other night. Works really well with meaty sauce. Surprisingly for a food item you can buy it on Amazon at a sensible price with no minimum delivery.

I can feel a pastichio coming on sometime soon, this has reminded me that I have half a bag of small macaroni feeling unloved at the bottom of the pasta storage box!

That's it, I'm definitely doing a roast next weekend - will need a bit of planning as we have a busy weekend coming up but I desperately want chicken/stuffing/roasties/yorkshires/veg/gravy soon :D

(Might actually end up doing it sooner)

Rump steak, fries, peas, fried mushrooms. My usual red wine and mustard reduction to get all the bits off the bottom of the pan. Might caramelise some onion as well to include in the sauce.
Glass of merlot.

Must have a proper Sunday roast soon though, I start getting Sunday roast pangs when I've not had one for a while! Maybe next weekend.

Update - I licked my plate clean, it may not have been a Sunday roast but steak and chips is a fine meal to have on any night, and it was bloody lush.

OH is off tomorrow and having discussed it by text message, I think we'll be having a Monday roast :)

Some shopping has been done, and tea is going to be:

Roast chicken, roast spuds, roast parsnips and carrots, Yorkshire pudding, sage & onion stuffing (out of a pack but I jazz it up a bit), steamed broccoli, peas, gravy.

OH will have the above but with a fried tuna steak instead of the chicken cos he's pescetarian, and no parsnips because he's a weirdo who doesn't like parsnips.

Monday roast is happening :)

Back
Top Bottom