Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Was going to be spaghetti with courgettes but I had a migraine after walking all day in the sun. So instead was a zomig and a nap. When I woke up was too late to cook so I had a cup of tea, two mini babybels and some fennel taralli (addictive Italian savoury biscuits).

Spaghetti and meatballs didn't happen tonight (I sometimes find it really difficult to prep and cook food when it's just for myself if that makes sense?)
I went to make myself a sarnie (I have some chicken slices and roast beef slices in the fridge at the moment) and found OH had scoffed most of the bread and not let me know before I went to the shops earlier, where I could have bought another loaf.

So I might have a chicken sarnie involving some crusts.

No need for sad faces for my sarnie situation, I had a sarnie using the crusts and some sliced chicken, butter, and Colman's mustard - and it was fucking lush :)

And OH is now aware of the bread situation and will pick some up on his way home in the morning, so it's all good.

No need for sad faces for my sarnie situation, I had a sarnie using the crusts and some sliced chicken, butter, and Colman's mustard - and it was fucking lush :)

And OH is now aware of the bread situation and will pick some up on his way home in the morning, so it's all good.
LOL I didn't see yours right above, I had to give up on the idea altogether. What is very annoying is apparently it was no one and there is only one person it could be due to preferences.... who happened to have burgers while we had pizza and coincidentally has started lying again lately.

LOL I didn't see yours right above, I had to give up on the idea altogether. What is very annoying is apparently it was no one and there is only one person it could be due to preferences.... who happened to have burgers while we had pizza and coincidentally has started lying again lately.

Ah no sorry, looks like we were both left in a sub-optimal bread situation tonight!
My OH is a bit of a muppet at times, but nothing deliberate - just didn't think to let me know he'd caned most of the loaf before I went to the shops - I was thinking we still had half a loaf left!
I actually think it's more like he thinks I have a good overview of everything that is going on. Which is largely fair and accurate, but I hadn't checked the bread situation today :D

Ah no sorry, looks like we were both left in a sub-optimal bread situation tonight!
My OH is a bit of a muppet at times, but nothing deliberate - just didn't think to let me know he'd caned most of the loaf before I went to the shops - I was thinking we still had half a loaf left!
I actually think it's more like he thinks I have a good overview of everything that is going on. Which is largely fair and accurate, but I hadn't checked the bread situation today :D
My rolls have been replaced with ones from the bakery, not what I wanted but fresh so hard to go wrong. Looks like they will be for dinner tho, thinking some ridiculous burgers with everything on, sweet potatoe chips, honey roasted carrots and garlic mayo dip

Feta, courgette and mint omelette so that I can test out feta in brine from a giant can from Persian grocer's, which brother in law has recommended as a way of avoiding opened feta going off almost immediately. Initial taste of feta is a thumbs up.

Feta, courgette and mint omelette so that I can test out feta in brine from a giant cab from Persian grocer's, which brother in law has recommended as a way of avoiding opened feta going off almost immediately. Initial taste of feta is a thumbs up.
Baked feta is very nice.

Tonight we're actually having the meatballs/quornballs in a spicy tomato sauce that I've been daydreaming about but not actually got round to making due to a full and busy weekend!

Pork and beef meatballs for me, quornballs for OH, spicy tomato sauce, and the pasta will be tagliatelle :)
There may also be garlic bread if I can be arsed to turn a shop bought part-baked baguette into garlic bread :D

Roast chicken with, you know, just the usual. Potatoes, carrots and, erm, lettuce crumble

The lettuce crumble was awful. My family had one mouthful only and rejected the rest. Tbf it would have benefited from another 10 minutes in the oven.

I've added some crumbled blue cheese and cooked it further and it's now palatable. To call it nice would be a step too far.

I won't be doing it again

The lettuce crumble was awful. My family had one mouthful only and rejected the rest. Tbf it would have benefited from another 10 minutes in the oven.

I've added some crumbled blue cheese and cooked it further and it's now palatable. To call it nice would be a step too far.

I won't be doing it again
I can't really imagine this dish. Can you describe it?

I can't really imagine this dish. Can you describe it?

Shredded lettuce with a savoury crumble made from flour, butter, porridge oats and crushed walnuts. It would have been better with the walnuts in with the lettuce and if I'd put the blue cheese in to the crumble part to begin with.

I made something similar for Mrs Shoes in about 1995 and she told me never to make it again. I was hoping that enough time had passed for her to forget. She had forgotten that but won't forget this time

First egg being rotten put me off the idea of frittata last night 🤢 (my own fault, I take the oldest eggs out of the egg cupboard so we can put the freshest eggs in the shop). Just had salad, a couple of pieces of bread and a tin of mackerel in "spicy" (it wasn't) tomato sauce.

Frittata take two tonight.

Back
Top Bottom