Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Went to a joint social for a couple of environmental projects I am involved in and pizza was ordered in (and paid for by one of the projects, so free to all of us) from Zzetta (local pizza place with proper pizza ovens).

There was a lot of choice but I had some slices of wild mushroom pizza which involves tomato sauce, mozzarella, wild mushrooms, truffle oil; and some slices of their diavola which was topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella, spiced minced beef, n'duja, sundried tomatoes and red chillies. Oh and some lovely stone baked pizza base garlic bread

Went to make green curry last night and realised we were out of coconut milk. Going through the cupboards found this paste and had the other bits needed. It was really nice very different from the indian inspired curries I cook from scratch.

0002422_laziza-achar-gosht-paste-330g_300.jpeg

Got a cauliflower to use so maybe cauliflower poppers (roasted with lemon juice, mustard, garlic and yeast flakes). Also got asparagus which could go on the side, also aubergines and mushrooms that could do with being eaten but not quite sure how to shoehorn them in yet..

I already did edit, I know some people find it upsetting - I certainly wasn't intending to disturb any vegetarians or vegans who have already opted out of that, but it does display a truth about where meat and seafood comes from that people who eat it (and that includes myself) need to be fully aware of and not just pretend it comes out of the supermarket with no suffering or death.
I am very sorry if what I posted upset you, for a lot of people who aren't veggie it is the reality of how that thing gets to the plate.

I already did edit, I know some people find it upsetting - I certainly wasn't intending to disturb any vegetarians or vegans who have already opted out of that, but it does display a truth about where meat and seafood comes from that people who eat it (and that includes myself) need to be fully aware of and not just pretend it comes out of the supermarket with no suffering or death.
I am very sorry if what I posted upset you, for a lot of people who aren't veggie it is the reality of how that thing gets to the plate.
I missed the now edited post. Sorry if I upset anyone by eating octopus

I missed the now edited post. Sorry if I upset anyone by eating octopus

No you didn't upset anyone, it was my bad for going into too much detail about how much I love eating octopus and how I have sometimes seen it caught that was a point of contention, not your post at all. And danny and I have already discussed it and we're still friends, seriously nothing to see here and it was due to what I said and edited out, not what you said.

Last edited:
I can never like a post that mentions peanuts because I have an allergy and I would hate anyone to think that if they ever met me that I would love some of this thing with peanuts in it that they mentioned and I "liked".

That doesn't mean I don't like the sound of that brownie though!

Back
Top Bottom