Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We want to attempt a BBQ tonight if the weather holds - am marinating tofu, mushrooms and peppers and will do something with aubergine too although we only have a teeny camping BBQ. Partner will make flatbreads and a tahini-yogurt sauce to go with.
Weather didn’t hold 😅 gone all dull and humid so grilled the veggies/tofu and didn’t do the aubergine or flatbread (freezer pitas instead). Still lovely though!

Attachments

• IMG_6498.jpeg
    IMG_6498.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 3
This was plastic and rubbery. Think it’s got a little bit of wine in it, but what a fucking waste of money :mad:
The Charlie Bighams lasagna is amazing, not that I can eat one anymore because wheat, I love Charlie Bighams other, non wheaty ready meals, but only marked down which is why our local Morrisons stopped selling them, no one buys them until they're in the tramps buffet. I'm gutted.

Thai green curry with pork. Maybe some szechean beans if I can find some good ones in the the shop later.

The Mai Ploy pastes are amazing, but I find Thai curries a bit thin, so thicken with a bit potato starch. I know this is very un authentic.

Veal escalopes marinaded in chimmichurri sauce (Quorn fillets for daughter), with bulgar wheat pilaf. I use the Lebanese bulgar wheat with the vermicelli noodles in.

Takeaway tonight so mass order, Madras, 2 dozen Momos, Patia, Vindaloo, Tikka Masala, Nepalese Garlic Chili Chicken, Poppodoms, Keema Rice and Keema Naan with some extra rice packets in the microwave to go.

Back
Top Bottom