Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Small daughter's birthday is tomorrow but party was today and knackering so fried chicken and chips from the freezer. She gets to choose take out or restaurant tomorrow - fingers crossed for Korean BBQ :thumbs:

What time round yours then?

(Sounds absolutely lush! Major tea envy here!)
Goodbye tea round my mum's so put a bit more effort in than usual! It was fucking fit though, the lamb from the farm I sometimes help on is so good that my mum now refuses to eat the supermarket stuff and all the fruit was last year's homegrown from the freezer.

I'm only in England for another 36 hours and it feels really weird not to be heading back from hers with a bag full of leftovers and out of date food, don't think that's ever happened before 😂

I'm actually flying back to Orkney purely because I had a load of top quality lamb and beef from that farm in my freezer that I wanted to bring with me :oops::D

My partner used to have an small organic farm and stood a few markets. On one there was a butcher and we'd get lamb chumps to roast. Proper next level. I barely eat lamb normally as its so expensive and still average. Bonkers in a land with so many sheep.

My partner used to have an small organic farm and stood a few markets. On one there was a butcher and we'd get lamb chumps to roast. Proper next level. I barely eat lamb normally as its so expensive and still average. Bonkers in a land with so many sheep.
Yeah this stuff is fucking amazing too and he always gives me loads of extra offal for free because some customers don't want it. Gutted I'm moving away (I mean in that respect, obvs I'm happy overall!) but if the six month job trial goes well and I stay on I might ask if I can graze two or three sheep alongside the cattle next year.

I feel like I've had a lost weekend, what day is it?
I really need to get some tins of soup myself, need a restock because we have none at the moment - but a decent tin of soup can be an excellent CBA or I don't have time option.

OH is off work tonight and I'm going to be doing sausage and butter bean casserole, the Hairy Bikers one - I've got some Cumberland sausages and some bacon in the freezer, mustn't forget to defrost them later! OH will have meat-free Richmonds in his. With mashed potato. Oh we have mushrooms that need to be used so they'll go in too.

Last edited:
The fella's cooking, so it's baked spudz with cheez and beanz. Will give me time to repot the sad-looking rocket.

Never thought I'd say this but I'm getting a bit fed up with the peanut butter brownies now :eek: so will probably have a slice of the parkin that's been sat round in foil, gathering gingery intensity, with a brew.

Back
Top Bottom