Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Pick'n'mix fridge leftovers. I ended up with leftover fried chicken, refried with some cooked new potatoes and slathered with blue cheese and buffalo sauce. passion fruit mousse for afters. Someone else got the last of the lasagna thank God.

Weird pre-move freezer dregs tea here tonight. Two small slices of dark rye bread with lamb's kidneys (fried not devilled because royal mail currently have all my herbs and spices), big piece of smoked haddock, then a huge bowl of stewed gooseberries and rhubarb with vanilla yoghurt later on

Achar Gosh from the freezer. Occurs to me it's most certainly not authentic if it's a Pakistani curry and I've made it with pork.

Occured to me as well as I stuck it in the microwave I had beef curry with chips, naan and bahji from the canteen for lunch, but I can live with that.

Last edited:
Slightly bizarre but not unpleasant chicken stew with pearl barley, done in the slow cooker at the weekend. Not sure why it wasn't great, added wine which I don't normally? Or maybe nor enough veg. Anyway, it was fine with some mash and made an easy tea as I got in late from work.

Last night we had roast chicken with redcurrant jelly, baby potatoes, green beans and tenderstem broccoli. It was gorgeous.

Tonight, hoisin and plum chicken stir fry. I’ve also remembered the magnums I bought at the weekend so I’m having one in a min. 👍

Back
Top Bottom