Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Had salady bits that needed eating so just them with some new potatoes and a yoghurt dressing with lots of chives and mint.

I've got a Sainsburys delivery coming tomorrow but I'm really devoid of inspiration for things to order for easy teas. Any suggestions? Have already got some filled pasta.

I find online food shopping a bit like that. You can't just wander round and let things take your fancy.

Right I've not updated this thread in a while, so a quick rundown...

Monday I was supposed to make sausage casserole for both of us (with pork sausages and bacon for me, richmond meat free sausages for OH) - Hairy Bikers recipe which is very good.
What actually happened was I went for a nap at about 2pm and didn't wake up til the small hours of the morning. So we had sardine paste and cucumber sarnies in the middle of the night, and I did the sausage casserole on Tuesday instead, with mash.
On Wednesday OH had jacket spuds with beans and I had beans on toast.
On Thursday I used the pack of tomato and mozzarella tortellini that we had in the fridge and I made an amatriciana sauce for myself using some bacon I had in the fridge that needed to be used and an arrabbiata sauce for OH - very easy to do those 2 different sauces at the same time (mostly cos I can split a tin of tomatoes between them and the difference is in the other ingredients, but they cook in similar amounts of time so easy to do both at the same time).
Friday I was running late for something so popped into McDonalds and had a triple cheeseburger - honestly I am not a snob about fast food but there was really too much processed cheese slices involved, they do better offerings tbh

The night before last we had airfried roasted veg made into a pasta sauce with chickpea penne.

Last night we had delivery Indian: chicken chilli masala, methi chicken, bindi bhaji, tarka Dal, a garlic naan and a peshwari naan. And yes, we did eat it all :D

The night before last we had airfried roasted veg made into a pasta sauce with chickpea penne.

Last night we had delivery Indian: chicken chilli masala, methi chicken, bindi bhaji, tarka Dal, a garlic naan and a peshwari naan. And yes, we did eat it all :D
Really fancy a curry now.
We’re having a possibly misjudged reduced purchase of tandoori flavour burgers. :hmm:
They seemed like a good idea at the time but we’ll see.

How do you air fry your veg? We haven’t tried this yet.

I thought I'd already posted about my tea but not on this thread apparently (my post will probably be found down the back of a sofa somewhere in a couple of weeks time :hmm: )

I'm having a rump steak (got a load reduced price and put them in the freezer!!!) with potato wedges, mushrooms fried in butter, and peas. If there is any sauce it will be a mustard red wine reduction, which I always like with a steak - it scoops up all the bits from the bottom of the frying pan, half a glass of red wine, dollop of mustard, just done while the steak is resting, lots of flavour :)

I thought I'd already posted about my tea but not on this thread apparently (my post will probably be found down the back of a sofa somewhere in a couple of weeks time :hmm: )
There was something about wedges on the trans thread...

I don't know what I'm having, I CBA and am pissed off about yet another bank holiday weekend where I'm too ill to see anyone or do anything fun (I don't really feel that ill any more but need to be careful not to set it off again). I got my Sainsburys order but don't feel inspired by anything in it and I don't want a takeaway.

Will probably just get some wild garlic pesto out of the freezer and have that with pasta and broccoli.

Sorry, what???
Feeble joke. I just looked back through your recent posts to see if you had indeed posted it somewhere else which you hadn't. You just mentioned something about driving a wedge... never mind... sorry... let's just put this behind us and move on shall we...

Feeble joke. I just looked back through your recent posts to see if you had indeed posted it somewhere else which you hadn't. You just mentioned something about driving a wedge... never mind... sorry... let's just put this behind us and move on shall we...

No it's OK I did a search myself and I get the joke now - much love to you, sorry that I didn't immediately get it :D

I air fried some chicken thighs in some Nandos marinade, made mum a salad with hers, made fried rice with mine. I’ve gone into one of my ADHD food rut modes, I either have gone off all food or have to force myself to prep and eat or only want beige food. At times like this I wish I could be put on a drip.

I got over myself in the end and had one of the salmon fillets from my delivery, dusted with flour and dukkah and fried up with the remains of last night's new potatoes, plus some salad and lemon squeezed over.

It was actually really nice.
That does sound very nice...

Went out for dinner tonight and had Jacob's ladder, chips, coleslaw, pink pickled onions and we shared a macaroni cheese.
Brownie and caramel ice cream for pudding.
I couldn't eat all of my dinner because it was huge. My son ate his own, finished everyone else's plate and then cleared the macaroni cheese too. He must have hollow legs!

Back
Top Bottom