Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We've got snack food that can be quickly popped in the oven, retrieved, and scoffed during Eurovision -
Veggie spring rolls, garlic cheese bites, a cheese & tomato pizza, garlic bread, bag of doritos, sour cream, sweet chilli sauce, hoisin sauce
And some mini chocolate eclairs for afters

EDIT: OH is apparently having a starter of un-iced doughnut shells (he says they are like brioche, the fuck they are) filled with baked beans and cheese and nuked, I said "fuck no" when he offered me one :D
Bet he's left greasy fingerprints all over the microwave again :hmm:

I am intrigued to know what was in/on Epona's custom doughnut?

It had raspberry jam in the middle (OH knows that is my favourite, I can find chocolate or creamy/custard fillings a bit too much and like the slight tartness of the raspberry)
The whole thing had the usual thin glaze on it, then iced on top with chocolate icing, and the sprinkles were little round bits of biscuit covered in white chocolate (like the sort you get in some of those muller corner yoghurts)

Had ten days in south Africa then 4 in the UK so many, many delicious teas all without kids (work) so a) with booze and b) with guilt. Amazing seafood, braai, random taco night then proper fish'n'chips, Syrian food and a lot more.

Home yesterday and made sandwiches as I was knackered: tonight was salmon an croute, new potatoes and asparagus. And salad cream after a mercy dash to the supermarket whilst in London. Hopefully back in the cooking saddle from Monday.

Nothing - had a late lunch and a cream tea at 5 with scones , jam and clotted cream (smuggled in from my London trip), cheese scones and some small.sandwiches. Followed by board games and a lovely evening, followed by me sloping off for a couple of beers because my mum is staying and I love her but I don't need to hear more of my faults :thumbs:

I am almost completely nocturnal at the moment, so eating at slightly odd times - however I still count the "main" meal as tea so it fits here even though it's late!

I am having spinach and ricotta tortellini (shop bought) with an arrabbiata sauce (home made) and cheesy garlic bread slices (shop bought).

Back
Top Bottom