Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

The stove is reconnected (disconnected earlier for Boiler guy to do plumbing and gas works next to it) so I reckon we'll be having the usual lasagne, airfryer sweet potato wedges and salad this evening and just trying to find a space to eat it. One more day of the works left, we think.

Last night I had a bowl of egg noodles cooked in chicken stock with soy sauce and sesame seed oil added at the end.

Tonight whatever I can do that is a complete meal in the freezer, due to OH not getting paid til tomorrow and we have no fresh veg. We have a pizza in there. Or I might do a pasta with tomato sauce (we have pasta, tin of tomatoes, garlic, chillies, herbs) cos if I manage to do my volunteering on Friday (still a bit unwell) making extra so I can take some cold for a packed lunch is good :)

Huge curry last night out the bulk stuff in the freezer, back to the freezers tonight as I am not cooking with gloves on, plus I forgot to defrost chicken breast to actually make anything with it. Need to think of something to do with that over weekend as a lot of peppers and onions that need using and potentially a lot of (tinned) tomatoes available. Did make a massive amount of stock that I am tempted to do the Heston 'chicken consomme' freeze thaw on but I am not sure where the muslin(sp) cloth is and cannot be bothered to look.
Saw someone take flour and water and make a version of seitan, keep the water from washing, let it settle, drain the water off then make noodles from the starch, which is something I have to try now.

Cor I fancy that!

Alas cannot buy food until tomorrow (have plenty of food in so not starving or owt, but that sounds lush and I might dream about lamb burgers tonight!)
They are very tasty and only £3.50 for 4 from asda.sweet dreams.Screenshot 2023-05-11 3.00.46 PM.png

Cheese on toast.
Bit worried for me arteries :D
It was delicious but OMG so much cheese! Not even a cheap meal either given the price of cheddar right now :eek: but we had some in the fridge
Not long til pay day

(was wanting to do pasta with a tomato based sauce but we've no money on the gas for hot water to do the washing up and all the pans are a nightmare as a result)
And yes we are slowly sinking, things get a bit worse month by month in the current climate

Cauldron Lincolnshire sausage and egg baps, baked beans, with a dollop of bbq sauce ont side.

Parkin and a decaff tea. Or I might break out the dark choc and orange cookies from Asda.

Back
Top Bottom