Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I’ve made a massive tomato sauce. I’ve got meatballs to add to mine. It’s been cooking for 4 hours now and is looking lush

Oooh I keep saying I must do meatballs (for me, quornballs for OH) in tomato sauce with spaghetti and then keep forgetting that I want to make it.
This has just reminded me (again!)
We're on freezer/cupboard rummaging til OH gets paid but after that I'll get on it.

Tonight we're having curry - we have some prawns and fish in the freezer so prawn and pollock and spinach madras, tarka daal, and mushroom rice as I have 3 mushrooms that need using and that is the perfect amount for mushroom fried rice for 2.

Oooh I keep saying I must do meatballs (for me, quornballs for OH) in tomato sauce with spaghetti and then keep forgetting that I want to make it.
This has just reminded me (again!)
We're on freezer/cupboard rummaging til OH gets paid but after that I'll get on it.

I love them! Sadly my OH doesn't eat beef and whilst I love how good value pork mince is for how lean it is for stir fries and similar you need a bit more fat for good ones.

I've got a meat grinder attachement for the food mixer, but that's next level effort!

Anyway freezer forraged bolognese tonight. Beef for me, turkey for her. Felt a bit lazy not doing a batch cook, but I've literally got no space in either for freeze for more meals. :cool:

Charlie Bighead fish pie, carrots.

My neighbour was invited but didn't turn up, so I'll be having the same again tomorrow.

Roast chicken, stuffing, yorkshires, roasted sweet potatoes, green beans, asparagus and broccoli. And gravy. Delicious!

Sounds lush!

Our tea didn't happen because I ran out of steam when I was halfway through doing it. Will have it Tuesday instead.
Bit worrying what is going on with me healthwise atm

Sounds lush!

Our tea didn't happen because I ran out of steam when I was halfway through doing it. Will have it Tuesday instead.
Bit worrying what is going on with me healthwise atm
Did you get too exhausted to continue? It might be worth trying to get an appointment with your GP (I know that's easier said than done).

Did you get too exhausted to continue? It might be worth trying to get an appointment with your GP (I know that's easier said than done).

Yeah just got tired and lost interest in the idea of eating before I'd finished cooking. I'll go to the GP in the next couple of weeks if this continues.
I mean I am naturally a bit lazy, but I tend to have energy for cooking and eating iykwim!
Having a chaotic schedule with OH on nights doesn't help, I've gone a bit nocturnal again.

Back
Top Bottom