Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Microwave meal of some kind because in this house we've run out of fucks to give. I have been vaguely fanceh and eaten dried out yukky supermarket sushi for lunch several days this week. There's a proper, Japanese family owned sushi joint opened in the next town, but they don't deliver yet and there's no way I can get there.

Veggie sausage pasta MADE BY DAUGHTER!
Brilliant! I did a lot of cooking with the kids and for one it turned into a career she really likes. My daughter really got into it and we experimented with whatever I was exploring food wise at the time. By the time she started her chef training she had already made pasta and made everything you can think of with them, raviolis of various types, things pot sticker dumplings and other variations, bread, used a sous vide, slow cooker, made various Heston copy things, fish and chips, pannacotta you name it we probably did it. She absolutely aced the class and ended up in a 2 rosette restaurant at 19 while working from about 16, did bits with Paul Ainsworth at a festival prepping various seafood bits. Unexpectedly started this from just not wanting them to leave home without basic cooking skills like me and SO had and it just went to extreme levels because she was interested and it was something we could do together.
We got to go to some fantastic tasting evenings during her course too. Beetroot wellington was not how I expected it to be,

My eldest son however, learned how to make his favourite dishes from scratch, then decided it was too much hassle and just air fries sausages and stuff.

Stir fried red cabbage with prawns and cashew nuts, rice.

If I make extra do we think it will be OK tomorrow? The prawns are raw, frozen.

The alternative I guess would be to put half of it in a box before the prawns go in.

Stir fried red cabbage with prawns and cashew nuts, rice.

If I make extra do we think it will be OK tomorrow? The prawns are raw, frozen.

The alternative I guess would be to put half of it in a box before the prawns go in.
I would opt for the alternative if it were me, take no chances.

Back
Top Bottom