Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Mum isn’t feeling great now, she got back earlier complaining of sore feet, we need the doctor for her too. I went accross the road to Mozzas, bought some salmon fillets, marinaded and airfried them and made a rice salad to go with . Really it was to encourage dad to eat and get some nutrition into him and it’s working but mum hasn’t eaten enough today either. Made too much salad, gave mum far too much (I thought) and shes eaten all of it. Yum!

Liked for your lovely tea (which sounds superb!) and your mum eating, not for the parental woes you are currently going through - love and best wishes to you all.

Big arsed harissa stew for us - aubergine, peppers, courgette, onion, garlic, apricots, chickpeas, tomatoes and fresh coriander ❤️ Will have with brown rice and sour cream.

Potentially mind-melting luxury brownie for afters. I put a LOT of ABV in, the strong stuff too.

Something relevant happened to OH today - we actually have loads of the durable "bag for life" type bags at home and OH has some in his locker at work for when he needs to get shopping on his way home, but when he got to Morrison's this morning he realised he forgot to bring one - he just went fuck it and bought a roll of bin liners, tore one off and put all his shopping in that :D

We didn't need bin liners right now but it's not like they go off and we'll use them eventually :D

Literally worst supermarket to forget to bring any bags to.

Fresh haddock and chips. :)
OH requested no meat tonight so I'm digging some tofu out the fridge. Sadly I don't have any oil in the fryer so it will have to be baked.

I went on an emergency mission for cooking oil. Fuck me! I nearly had a seizure, fit and heart attack simultaneously.

I'll need to up Mrs Sas's budget.

Fresh haddock and chips. :)

I went on an emergency mission for cooking oil. Fuck me! I nearly had a seizure, fit and heart attack simultaneously.

I'll need to up Mrs Sas's budget.

Yeah I notice when I buy 4 bottles at once. Although it's not filled at the moment more for the sake of my waist line.

But have you been living under a rock for the last few years? Food has gone crazy expensive.

Yeah I notice when I buy 4 bottles at once. Although it's not filled at the moment more for the sake of my waist line.

But have you been living under a rock for the last few years? Food has gone crazy expensive.

I realise that the price of food has rocketed, but cooking oil seems to have really shot up. Not that it was ever a cheap product.

Steamed some rice earlier, went to Lidl, bought chicken legs and marinated them in my standard mix- brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and soy, added some shaoxing, cornflour, pepper and five spice.
Made an egg fried rice, with spring onions and green beans in it and airfried the chicken legs. We ate half of them, the rest will be shredded for chicken salad tomorrow night.
My parents eat really early like at 5pm. So I dished up, have already washed up and I'm back at my laptop working now.
Dad is much better, mum is really not with her infected toe, called the out of hours doc and he asked for photos which I have to say look horrific and he prescribed antibiotics. I hope they kick in overnight because she's in a lot of pain.
I reckon I'll be here til at least Friday, as well as the foot clinic next week, mum needs to rest up!

I haven't given tea a lot of thought which I realise might have been a bit of a mistake now most of the supermarkets are closed, what with it being Sunday.
I have a couple of frankfurters that still need to be used, so probably those chopped up into some packet noodles.
Wish I'd given it some thought earlier!

Borscht, roast carrots, Parmesan garlic potatoes, watercress salad, rice pudding. The rice pudding was a bit meh but the rest was delicious… I’ve had a fear of borscht since I was a kid and my aunt forced it upon us but this was nice… luckily our Pilates teachers balance teaching with a glass of wine with dinner..

In bed doing my homework…

Quiche was from lunch…

Attachments

• F3D7F2C7-DA9D-415A-89DE-8DFB4C21D46F.jpeg
    F3D7F2C7-DA9D-415A-89DE-8DFB4C21D46F.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 2E9A9F3B-FC47-4322-BBFA-E0C3EB0FE929.jpeg
    2E9A9F3B-FC47-4322-BBFA-E0C3EB0FE929.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 7D59E81A-AD14-4414-B870-F69F9AEA7A56.jpeg
    7D59E81A-AD14-4414-B870-F69F9AEA7A56.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 4AFB2A31-B8D7-4C60-82EF-74FD9A8CEF09.jpeg
    4AFB2A31-B8D7-4C60-82EF-74FD9A8CEF09.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 7
Roast dinner today, not sure yet what the main protein will be - I'll see what looks good in the shop.

Might make a dessert too, since it's a Bank Holiday tomorrow. And might have a tipple to go with.
Fuck me, this was amazing. Lemon/herb/garlic roast chicken, roast potatoes, home made yorkshires and steamed veg, plus instant gravy with the chicken juice stirred in. Rhubarb and apple crumble and extra thick double cream for afters. Everything was just right.

Fuck me, this was amazing. Lemon/herb/garlic roast chicken, roast potatoes, home made yorkshires and steamed veg, plus instant gravy with the chicken juice stirred in. Rhubarb and apple crumble and extra thick double cream for afters. Everything was just right.

Honestly been with my OH for 19 years now and that entire time he's worked a variety of mixed shift patterns, lates, or nights - I am not sure we've ever had a regular Sunday lunch/tea thing together (at least not on a Sunday or at teatime!) and this makes me feel a bit tearful about that. (I would of course do something veggie or pescetarian for him if it were to happen!) We have done similar things at like 1am on his night off on Monday etc. but sometimes I wish we had a more normal 9 to 5 type of routine and regular meals together.

I am glad you had a lovely meal, it sounds brilliant!

I was going to do that chard, potato and chickpea soup recipe someone posted here a while ago but then we ended up having soup for lunch, so I did airfryer chips again with fried eggs and beans. Runny yolk for chip-dipping and cayenne + brown sauce in the beans for me. Think that's chips three times this week now but I have been grazing on raw kale all day tbf.

Back
Top Bottom