Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Not sure I have the energy to cook the bolognese that OH was making eyes at me about earlier, and since I've had an appetite problem this week I feel like getting some mince out of the freezer to defrost is probably an unwise idea in case I change my mind - so I think it's likely going to be veggies and egg noodles (lo mein style with a sauce/gravy type deal which is my preference) as that is quite easy and uses up a lot of the veg that is starting to look a bit frail cos I've not been cooking as much as usual so we've simply not used loads of it!

I do hope I get my mojo back soon. I did have a slice of the pizza that OH had before heading to work, it wasn't great but at least it was something. The cat went bonkers begging for pizza, he doesn't seem to realise he's an obligate carnivore and has a thing for cheese - he's a horror of a food pest - hovers and wails and makes little whimpering noises.

Last edited:
Last night's decision to mix a load of gravy into the haggis was genius and I might never bother making normal mince for mince and tatties again. (I do like mince though. I'd probably at least try most of the recipes in that book)

Tonight I'm having spinach and kale soup as a preemptive health thing before a week or so of Scottish chippy suppers.

I’m in a cba mood. Was meant to be on a ladies lunch so thought I wouldn’t want dinner, but train cancellations meant we grabbed a quick (bloody delicious) pulledpork and coleslaw sandwich before a massive shopping binge and now I’m kinda hungry but lazy mood.. watching husband set up the ps5 I came back from shopping with. And it’s hot hot here…

Couscous salad with sundried tomato paste, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella and capers, baby spinach. This was meant to be today's lunch but at both breakfast and lunchtime I felt well enough to sit downstairs and have something more elaborate.

I haven't really felt up to going downstairs and making meals while ill so I've been making myself overnight oats and a packed lunch every day that can just be grabbed on the way back to bed (as I usually feel better enough in the evening to sort it).

Yesterday's dinner was just muesli.

Couscous salad with sundried tomato paste, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella and capers, baby spinach. This was meant to be today's lunch but at both breakfast and lunchtime I felt well enough to sit downstairs and have something more elaborate.

I haven't really felt up to going downstairs and making meals while ill so I've been making myself overnight oats and a packed lunch every day that can just be grabbed on the way back to bed (as I usually feel better enough in the evening to sort it).

Yesterday's dinner was just muesli.

Very pleased to hear that you have been feeling well enough to move about a bit today - hope for that to improve for you quickly!

Very pleased to hear that you have been feeling well enough to move about a bit today - hope for that to improve for you quickly!
Thanks!

The way my flat is arranged is not ideal for being ill on your own. I have a choice of being upstairs with the bed, bathroom and front door (sic) for deliveries, or downstairs with the sofa and kitchen. If feeling really grim upstairs is a better bet but then you're a bit cut off from food.

I might get a mini fridge for emergencies when I've turned the spare room back into a livable room.

Thanks!

The way my flat is arranged is not ideal for being ill on your own. I have a choice of being upstairs with the bed, bathroom and front door (sic) for deliveries, or downstairs with the sofa and kitchen. If feeling really grim upstairs is a better bet but then you're a bit cut off from food.

I might get a mini fridge for emergencies when I've turned the spare room back into a livable room.

Hope you feel better soon...

We grew up on that.
Its called Cottage Pie here...

Eta...I see Epona has already explained the whole cottage pie thing.

We only ever had beef in cottage pie. Mum used to use up left over roast beef and she had a mincer that stuck to the table. It was a manual mincer..and I got the jkb of mincing the left over cooked beef for cottage pie. Always was nice..
Yeh we had Shepherds Pie (with Beef and onions) and Bean Pie (with baked beans in their place). Loads of mash, nicely bubbled in the oven, crispy top, cheese on the bean pie (mostly). I love kebabs etc but my SO hates the smell of cooking lamb, same for a few different dishes like that so I do them on the BBQ then good eating and no complaints lol. Tho it costs about as much in beer as it does in delivery costs so thats a wash.

I should try to get a GP appointment shouldn't I, this inappetence/anorexia is not like me at all, I usually fucking LOVE my grub and the fact I have lost interest should be of concern I think?
Not something to ignore.
Unless you're losing lots of weight, I'd leave it for a few more days. The body sometimes just doesn't need as much sustenance as we're used to giving it. A spot of unintended fasting won't harm you.

Back
Top Bottom