Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I wanted chips tonight, i CRAVED them. I was even gonna treat myself to a pickled onion. Went to the chippy at half nine and....they'd stopped serving chips.

How the fucking fuckity fuck does a chip shop in the middle of Chatham stop serving chips at half nine on a sodding friday? It should be a crime ffs.

Fucksake mate, that's dreadful
I know ours is closed on a Sunday but a chippy running out of bloody potatoes that early on a Friday is dreadful, it's like the end times :(

Fucksake mate, that's dreadful
I know ours is closed on a Sunday but a chippy running out of bloody potatoes that early on a Friday is dreadful, it's like the end times :(

I'm an intelligent man but I had genuine trouble comprehending what the staff were saying. I had to repeat myself like "but i only want chips and this is a chip shop". And they were telling me there were no such offerings as if it was natural and i was the idiot.

Had to make do with a corner shop tea of a roll and some crisps. Fucking travesty.

Or I think sometimes they have x amount of spuds chopped (or bags of pre-chopped), if they sell out half an hour early it just means they've made a profit that night and aren't going to do any more - I know my local one does this but they shut at 10 and if they are out of chips they close up early (which is not good for the pay of the staff either).

Or I think sometimes they have x amount of spuds chopped (or bags of pre-chopped), if they sell out half an hour early it just means they've made a profit that night and aren't going to do any more - I know my local one does this but they shut at 10 and if they are out of chips they close up early (which is not good for the pay of the staff either).

Yeah, rationally i get that. Its just...I really wanted chips and I'd had a rough day. They was gonna cheer me up.

Yeah, rationally i get that. Its just...I really wanted chips and I'd had a rough day. They was gonna cheer me up.

Yeah I completely understand that point was just doing the rational explanation thing which wasn't needed. That is sometimes how I do empathy and understanding, the whole "that happened to me too" way of expressing it.
Been there in terms of chippy tea supply issues so yeah absolutely get it.
Sorry if it sounded like I was doing the "well, actually" thing - I am prone to that but it's never intended to hurt, just my brain doing its thing.

Yeah I completely understand that point was just doing the rational explanation thing which wasn't needed. That is sometimes how I do empathy and understanding, the whole "that happened to me too" way of expressing it.
Been there in terms of chippy tea supply issues so yeah absolutely get it.
Sorry if it sounded like I was doing the "well, actually" thing - I am prone to that but it's never intended to hurt, just my brain doing its thing.

No, you were totally in the right. I do the same as well.

With my asd, i tend to overreact to plans not going exactly right even down to chips.

Still bastard annoyed but hey, at least i can have a pie at football tomorrow guilt free. Now if they run out, i really will kick off. :D

No, you were totally in the right. I do the same as well.

With my asd, i tend to overreact to plans not going exactly right even down to chips.

Still bastard annoyed but hey, at least i can have a pie at football tomorrow guilt free. Now if they run out, i really will kick off. :D

Absolutely that, ASD also.
Completely get it, can wreck your stability for a bit if your tea plans go awry through no fault of your own.
Have on numerous occasions had a bit of a meltdown due to similar situations.
Loads of love to you mate :)

Other people don't always understand it either, well we can get a curry or a Chinese takeaway instead now I love curry and I love Chinese food but if my mind was set on chips it's like the needle is stuck on chips, I don't deal well with a last minute rethink about plans.

Basically, down with tea plan disturbances - solidarity!

What I am having for tea is sometimes actually the anchor in my otherwise chaotic life and inside my sometimes chaotic brain - it's why I love this thread so much.
My waking and sleeping times may be all over the place, the things I am doing are often in what day of the week is it? territory.
But having tea is usually a fairly constant and reliable thing, it's really thrown me for six this week being off my food.

What I am having for tea is sometimes actually the anchor in my otherwise chaotic life and inside my sometimes chaotic brain - it's why I love this thread so much.
My waking and sleeping times may be all over the place, the things I am doing are often in what day of the week is it? territory.
But having tea is usually a fairly constant and reliable thing, it's really thrown me for six this week being off my food.

I know im not right head wise when my appetite is all over the place.

I like this thread and the weekend ones because reading them gives me a glimpse into normal lives, makes me wistful in a good way.

I know im not right head wise when my appetite is all over the place.

I like this thread and the weekend ones because reading them gives me a glimpse into normal lives, makes me wistful in a good way.

This probably not the right thread for it but I really feel like the last week I've had quite a lot of dissociation going on which is never good.
I do struggle with it a bit sometimes. Thanks for chatting with me a bit about it (it being chippy tea expectations and other regular stuff) - it does help and kind of grounds me a bit - talking about tea, talking about pets etc. Simple everyday stuff that helps to keep you rooted.

This probably not the right thread for it but I really feel like the last week I've had quite a lot of dissociation going on which is never good.
I do struggle with it a bit sometimes. Thanks for chatting with me a bit about it (it being chippy tea expectations and other regular stuff) - it does help and kind of grounds me a bit - talking about tea, talking about pets etc. Simple everyday stuff that helps to keep you rooted.

Anytime.

Unlike my local chippy which only has chips sometimes. :D

I hope Kail is doing well (and not too disappointed about the chip shortage)

Kail is part of the reason I've had a hellish day. My nightmare neighbour tried to poison him with detergent. :mad: its not for here, not until ive calmed down properly but its a whole different thing now.

We went out last night for Santino's birthday. I had an octopus, potato and aubergine starter, and then ravioli cacio pepe with mussels for main. It was DELICIOUS.

Tonight I'm making macaroni cheese. I've grated some halloumi in there, which has made the sauce VERY stretchy. Going into the oven with breadcrumbs and tomatoes on top shortly.

Will be served with home-grown asparagus, picked my first bunch today!

Last night was a very disappointing supermarket pizza. When will I learn I don’t really like pizza that much unless it’s an Italian restaurant one. I don’t mind Dominos but my local one is a bit shit.

Tonight, proper Saturday night food.
Steak, chips, mushrooms, green beans and some sort of sauce I can’t remember.
Red wine and cheesecake too. 👍

It comes on a plank of wood. With a wall of mash potatoes surrounding the steak, sauce and vegetables. I had it last night in a bar and enjoyed it so much my host is recreating it again for me tonight.

This time with Moose steak.

Just working up my appetite.

View attachment 371745
I love Gothenburg, hope you're having a great time. Was that from somewhere on Avenyn in previous pic?

Back
Top Bottom