Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I love Gothenburg, hope you're having a great time. Was that from somewhere on Avenyn in previous pic?
The pub pic was 7an, the old guys pub opposite the market. I think it's the oldest pub in Gothenburg. That's our main head to.

The lighthouse is on an island call Botta. Its my friends summer house. he shares it with 4 other families.

Tonight I'm in Kungsbacka. NEAR Valda at my pals place.

Been coming here for years. He's my best friend and a local.

I think the girls probably will have been at some point. They were going for a sauna after we left. We were just dropping them off for a 50th birthday party. I was just crew today. I proposed to my wife in that lighthouse so had to behave myself :)

Love it here.

Like gentlemen we left before they derobed. Right after we'd served them drinks and lit the sauna.

I do! I planted them in 2019 and patiently waited THREE YEARS for my first crop of them last year. They're good and chunky and healthy from being dressed in lots of compost. It's my second-favourite crop.
I would be so chuffed if I were you! They look amazing and I bet they taste amazing too. A handful of green healthy flavoursome spears that you grew!

Wholemeal fusilli with pesto and spring greens. I was just going to lob some salad onto the plate but decided I was well enough to cook veg.

Satsuma and redbush tea with a cardamom pod for afters.

Basically this weird balance disorder means I can't tolerate visual movement, it makes me seasick. This time that includes my own hands cooking etc. So it's all about the quick prep.

Was meant to go into the nearest village to eat with someone else tonight but I couldn't face the combination of people + last minute plans + unfamiliar place + not having anything more appropriate to wear than muddy shorts/leggings or waterproofs, so we're doing that tomorrow instead. Ended up getting fed where I'm staying anyway - lush smoked tofu and veg stir fry type thing with rice and then a big slab of homemade apple pie with cream.

Made an amazing fish curry because I got some sustainable white fish (honestly not sure what, Google translate Danish doesn't always help me) marked to £1, so that cooked with cauliflower, much spicing and coconut milk. 25 minutes all in and felt like a huge treat :thumbs:

Good news that you regained your appetite tonight!

Thank you I mean it wasn't cheap but I have eaten quite a lot and it seemed to be just what I needed :D
First one was a pub offering, and the second from a local takeaway that is right by our bus stop on the way home!
Neither was excellent in all honesty, but having the appetite to eat (and eat quite a lot!) was really good.

Thank you I mean it wasn't cheap but I have eaten quite a lot and it seemed to be just what I needed :D
First one was a pub offering, and the second from a local takeaway that is right by our bus stop on the way home!
Neither was excellent in all honesty, but having the appetite to eat (and eat quite a lot!) was really good.
Regaining appetite is restorative, isn't it! Ace X

Mushroom frisotto (probably not a word - freekeh risotto anyway) leftovers from the freezer, will top with some herbs and sliced tomato. Fridge clearance day. I always enjoy defrosted food something like 30% less, even if it freezes well. Not sure why, maybe it's all the traumatic life experiences of manky freezers :confused:

I honestly have no idea what I'm having later. I'll be hungry about 7ish but not hank marvin. My organisational skills are non-existent so complicated recipes can fuck off. I might just pop my head into supermarket and nab myself a microwave meal innit.

No idea. I’m hungover in an unplanned way so there was no preparation. We managed to get breakfast and essential snacks but nothing for dinner. Fucksake. 😄

I have absolutely no idea, tho it appears SO has prepped for roast potatoes so I am hoping its a roast it simply hasn't come up today.

Back
Top Bottom