Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Still wayyyyy better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! :cool: God I wonder if I'll get one? :hmm:

Dunno, did you change jobs then forget to hand in your P45 'cos you were too stoned and then pay too much tax all year without noticing? Worked for me. :rolleyes:

Celeriac and baked garlic soup! Serious win.
Recipe please :)
It tastes a bit like parsnip when its roasted/baked/oven-chipped, not quite as sweet, but they are yum and a good chip substitute (I'm on a chip ban atm :D).

Heat oven to 200-220C
Chop celeriac into chip size pieces
Toss in tbsp of oil with whatever spices you want (I used salt, pepper, cumin and paprika)
Put on baking tray and in the oven for 30-40mins

One recipe said parboil them - I didn't bother :)

View attachment 14520
Oooh. I may well have to give that a go.
Worcester and brown sauce, double whammy
Win.

Chicken pie, new potatoes and peas. I haven't made the pie, it's a ready-made frozen one. I am too tired to make pie.

pasta and sauce - very lazy tea (LG sauce, not that keen on them but it requires me to do nothing) which is just what is needed tonight :)

I've gone right off garlic bread unless it's homemade - the bought ones are just grim and seem to be getting worse! :blurgh:

YES. Homemade garlic bread? I've pretty much stopped buying GB, I'll just get a stick and do my own garlic butter instead. Soooo much better.

Yes, yes, yes! Nothing like freshly made garlic butter! *licks lips*
It doesn't take long, and I reek of garlic for a wee while, but I care not!

i add lemon juice to my garlic butter, it splits a bit, but as long as you have enough parsley (loads) it soaks up most of it.

you lot. I'm basically reading this thread and changing my mind over dinner and now I've realised I've been eating chocolate caramels and am feel sick. Entirely your fault.

We generally blame tar for things like that wtfftw. Not fair to take it out on all of us. Far more egalitarian to blame one individual for no reason whatsoever. Rules is rules.

you lot. I'm basically reading this thread and changing my mind over dinner and now I've realised I've been eating chocolate caramels and am feel sick. Entirely your fault.

yesterday i ate a packet of wotsits, a packet of skips and packet of monster munch, a roll of refreshers and a roll of polos for my first tea

My mum was down so brought the obligatory treats - a tarte au chocolat AND a pecan and maple syrup tart, which we had WITH CREAM :cool:

Before that we had falafels, toasted tomato and basil pitta fingers, smoked salmon taramasalata, moroccan hummus (*dives out of the way of Mother foamy's hand* :eek: :D ), marinated anchovies, some huge plump olives, greek salad and green salad.

I am fucking STUFFED!

Back
Top Bottom