Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Sea bass fillets, with some Ainsley thing to go with it.
I think it's rice and quinoa flavoured with chilli & lime - it's been in the cupboard for a while.
A nice quick tea before parent's evening

We've lost her forever. :(

:D Not quite mate, still eating a bit of meat here and there ya know :p

But erm, for tonights tea we will be having Hollands cheese and onion pies with shedloads of mushy peas. And will maybe 'put a butty' to it :hmm::D

That sounds lush - got a recipe? Jesus though - I bet the farts are something else after that though! :eek:

yep, it's this one . Although I'm now thinking I might just make a cauliflower, sweet potato and spinach curry with either chickpeas or lentils for protein instead of egg. the boy kind of turned his nose up at eggs in a curry, jubilantly declaring that we didn't have any :rolleyes: :D

yep, it's this one . Although I'm now thinking I might just make a cauliflower, sweet potato and spinach curry with either chickpeas or lentils for protein instead of egg. the boy kind of turned his nose up at eggs in a curry, jubilantly declaring that we didn't have any :rolleyes: :D

Brilliant, cheers crusty - that looks fucking well lush :cool: shame on your rubbish bloke!

mmmm, I'm not a huge fan of coconut milk so I do think you could leave it out! also, you can use your own paste/spices if you don't want to use a jar ;)

Do you think you could replace the coconut milk in that with something else or is it a major part of it? I'm not a fan of coconutty curries by and large.

A stock/cream combi'd do it! Although I reckon I'd add maybe half the amount of stock and then just top up as and when it needed it instead of putting a whole 400ml in to start with (just cos coconut milk reduces and thickens a fair bit more than the stock would :hmm: ) then add some double cream towards the end. :cool:

I've even used MILK in curries, tbf.

Just me and the boy tonight and we'll either have the second lot of cod in butter sauce (which he thought was DELICIOUS :D ) with boiled new potatoes and psb (just bought some so STILL NO PEAS :facepalm: ) OR a big salad with garlic and ginger king prawns and scallops and some croutons. Will let him decide when he gets back. Melon and caramel chocolate digestives for pudding.

ringo - my mum would SMACK YOUR BUM for buying Israeli! :p

I'm going to risk throwing a lamb chop, mashed spuds, broccoli, carrots and cauli at my slightly uneasy stomach tonight. Do feel like eating summat again so I'm hoping that's bland enough to not do too much damage.

It's got nowt to do with being Jewish, ringo!
Is purely an anti-zionist stance, innit - but, tbh, my comment was more because I mostly do precisely what Mrs R does :D then when I (occasionally :oops: ) notice later down the line what I've done, I have an instinctive 'OhNOES! :facepalm: ' reaction (from years of being brought up checking whether stuff was Israeli and, at the time, South African, too)...I can almost FEEL the disapproval! :D

Avocados have had me on more than one occasion! :mad:

Tonight it's beer and crisps in the Albert I believe. Tomorrow will be much the same only in a different pub. Not to mention Friday....

Changed my mind on account of being fucking starving already, and not wanting to have to wait for pies to cook inth'oven. SO - beans on cheese on toast it is then!

It's got nowt to do with being Jewish, ringo!
Is purely an anti-zionist stance, innit - but, tbh, my comment was more because I mostly do precisely what Mrs R does

Yeah but in my dads house anti-zionism is equated with everything bad in the world because he's Jewish and therefore anything Jewish people do or have done in the past is absolutely fine. Except stopping him eat pork, 'cos he love a bacon sandwich.

See, you can't bring logic and rationalism into a family's foibles and expect a sensible conversation :D

Yeah but in my dads house anti-zionism is equated with everything bad in the world because he's Jewish and therefore anything Jewish people do or have done in the past is absolutely fine. Except stopping him eat pork, 'cos he love a bacon sandwich.

See, you can't bring logic and rationalism into a family's foibles and expect a sensible conversation :D

No, fair do's! :D

Changed my mind on account of being fucking starving already, and not wanting to have to wait for pies to cook inth'oven. SO - beans on cheese on toast it is then!

Son has plumped for the boil in a bag option and it's on now cos we're starving, too!

When he was much younger, he went to a friends after school and came home and reported back 'We had our dinner at *4.37 pm*!!! :eek: :confused: '....now we quite frequently do the same thing :D ....so it's always accompanied by an 'OMG! We're having our dinner at 5.03pm!!! :eek: ' hehe!

I know what you mean, Sheo - It's Morroco for me, and Nestle!
:D

Tonight we had a MASSIVE portion of meatballs in tomato sauce with wholewheat pasta.
I am currently not speaking to the boy though as he ate his GIANT dinner then stole one of the meat balls out of my packed lunch box. Rat bastard :mad:

Rice with a stew made with Rosario picante (a spicy sausage) garlic, tomatoes, kidney beans, mushrooms, courgettes and bell peppers.

We are having jacket spuds, insides scooped out and mashed with butter, returned to shells with shredded sprouts fried with bacon and topped with sour cream and chive.

I just sliced my finger which is :( but :) as I got to use my Gruffalo plasters for the first time.
I am using the purple mouse one now :D

plasters.jpg

We are having jacket spuds, insides scooped out and mashed with butter, returned to shells with shredded sprouts fried with bacon and topped with sour cream and chive.

I just sliced my finger which is :( but :) as I got to use my Gruffalo plasters for the first time.
I am using the purple mouse one now

plasters.jpg

WHAT. THE FUCK. Those are amazing :cool:

We had spag bol. Not very exciting but it's sorted my hangover right out :D

Back
Top Bottom