Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

etnea - yes, defo! :cool: Think most of the recipes would call for them to be minced - or at least chopped up a bit to get it all to stick together? Will be YUM though!

We're having the rest of the delicious chinese pork (minus all the crackling :D ) in a noodle/veg soup made with the liquor from the bottom of the roasting tray (it steam-roasts) which I froze to aid with fat removal and will reduce a bit first.

Bananas with cream and brown sugar for pudding.

Gonna make full on Fettucini Alfredo - I wimped out on the butter last time, but am gonna go for it this time - loadsa butter, double cream, and parmesan.

Will have with 'healthy' :hmm: steamed broccoli, and peas

Raspberry and vanilla cheesecake for afters :cool:

Cooking over the weekend consisted of breakfast duties - bubble & squeak, veggie sausages, beans, fried onions, toast and fried eggs for 40 hungover archaeologists. Desperately in need of vegetables, so probably a Higgedy pie tonight with roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots and something green.

Hmm.... I can't decide what to make with the left over roast chicken. I also have some chorizo and all the usual cupboard essentials but not much veg. The possibilities are:
Pizza, pasta, harrisa chicken with cous cous, curry and rice......
What to do?!

Maybe vegetable soup. I really want pasta with tuna, tomatoes, capers and olives but all those things keep and the vegetables I've got won't. Or a baked potato. Spoiled for choice, I am.

Hmm.... I can't decide what to make with the left over roast chicken. I also have some chorizo and all the usual cupboard essentials but not much veg. The possibilities are:
Pizza, pasta, harrisa chicken with cous cous, curry and rice......
What to do?!
Well, pizza is off- the boy just gothome from work and scoffed all the cheese!
Think I'll do pasta with chicken and chorizo in tomato sauce instead.

Veggie pesto pasta.
Fusili with green pesto, lots of mushrooms, onions, spring onions, peas, garlic, tomato and cheese on top :)

I'm sitting in pizza express waiting for a takeaway cos it's too late to a) shop and b) cook

Veneziana, if you need more details...

Took out Indian takeaway leftovers from the freezer this morning, so I am on Nepalese chicken, and we also have mixed veg balti, plus daughter's chicken tikka massala. Will get a couple of beers, plus one of those mixed Indian snack thingies to go with it :cool:

To put it delicately, I have an upset stomach. I can think of other less delicate phrases that are more descriptive.

Back
Top Bottom