Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Nah I was fine yesterday. Unless there some sort of superhangover that lurks in your system for a day then strikes when you thought you were over it. :D

Mrs R has bought fish cakes, can't remember what they're like. Will probably do some mashed potato or colcannon and aspergers in butter to go with them.

need a veg fest so probably a stir fry - god, I'm so predictable... but I've over indulged on cheese in France this weekend so need to boost my health-points.

I've got a couple of bean burgers in the fridge that need using up so one of them in a wholemeal roll with salad and maybe a bit of cheese.
The other one might find its way into my gob too :oops:

Mmm beanburgers - never thought I'd see the day when I said that! :D

I have just sown a fuckton of coriander seeds both inside and outside, so as soon as I get a handful of leaves on the plants, I shall be making some lovely spicy beanburgers :cool:

I haven't had one for ages and I'm quite looking forward to it.
I only bought them as part of a hangover cure breakfast as we had a couple of veggies staying at the weekend, I forgot that 1 doesn't eat egg and the other one doesn't like spicy.
Still, their loss is my gain :)

It was going to be oven cooked salmon steaks with new potatoes and french beans but we may be eating at the pub now... :hmm:

pies are for any time of year!

tonight i'm home alone so dinner will be wholewheat spaghetti with chilli oil prawns
and the last mars bar ice cream for pudding :)

We had a chinese last night - sad day (ex's dad died Sun night/Mon morn :( ) and couldn't be arsed to cook in the end, so daughter and I are having yesterdays dinner today. Melon for pudding for me - banana and cream for her.

Thankyou, J x :) - yes, will defo do. :cool:

He had a bit of a shit quality of life for the last few years anyway following throat cancer a few years back. Only thing it didn't really impact on was his daily cider quota :D ....so sort of a relief from his pov iykwim, but still very, very sad all the same obv.
But following a sudden deterioration a few days back (his legs swelled up, he stopped eating, was collapsing and stuff :( ) he died at home, in his sleep....the best way to go if you have to go.

i was almost tempted to buy some white asparagus I saw in the supermarket yesterday as it's what you get here apparently... hmmm.... do you think you just cook it the same? it looks a bit more substantial that our tender, delicate green shoots, so I think it would probably need cooked a bit longer?

anyway, had a typical veg and smoked tofu stir fry with rice last night.

tonight will be cauliflower and egg curry - not made it before so it's quite exciting...

Back
Top Bottom