Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Gonna make teeny-tiny sausage rolls with Qorn cocktail snags and Sainsbury's own ready-made pastry, plus big pile of salads.

A catalogue of abominationz, I think you'll agree, but so so yummy with salad cream :cool:

Bit of a pissy day today (apart from THE WEATHER! :cool: ) and the landlords coming round later too, to look at the front wall which has broken (clearly not my fault) and the crack in the wall near the back door which I'm fairly sure he's going to try and pin on me (ie CHARGE ME for :( ) so a nice easy dinner to make up for it - pizza and salad.

Chicken Kiev, Mash, baby sweetcorn.
Mars ice cream bar for pudding.

Just ruining my dinner with a scotch egg and ketchup.

Sheo: how could your landlord pin a cracked wall on you? have you been meddling with the foundations?! :D

didn't make it to the shops, went to the pub after a rubbish MW meeting and realising it was gorgeous and sunny and I am on maternity leave :D

curry and rice instead :)

I was on my own so it was a seafood fest of prawn toasts followed by fish pie. I did buy a pudding of a strawberry and cream eclair but I'm worried if I eat it the sugar rush will keep me up all night. So I might have that for breakfast instead. :cool:

Sheo: how could your landlord pin a cracked wall on you? have you been meddling with the foundations?! :D

No! :D But because it is very obviously a result of the back patio doors being slammed shut....but in the end he showed me a way to shut it more gently :oops: and put it down to wear and tear....so PHEW! :cool: (I also spent a fair bit of time standing in the bath *pretending to have a shower* while they observed and ummed and ahhed....but that's another story).

And I didn't have pizza OR my cream doughnut either cos I didn't feel like it, so after doing it all for the kids, I did some garlic/ginger/soy king prawns and had them in a big salad with croutons and then had a club for pudding.

Just me tonight....think I'm having another of the jerk chicken leg portions with some oven chips and broccoli...pretty effortless....and then I WILL have my doughnut!!!! :cool:

Still deciding between that veggie spag bol I was thinking of the other day, or an easy peasy tea of chips, shop-bought cheese and onion pies, and peas

Settled for the veggie spag bol with courgette, yellow pepper, LG sauce, toms, mushrooms and quorn mince

And just bought a half price raspberry and vanilla cheesecake :cool:

Settled for the veggie spag bol with courgette, yellow pepper, LG sauce, toms, mushrooms and quorn mince

And just bought a half price raspberry and vanilla cheesecake :cool:

What's LG sauce?

Mushroom Ketchup is good to put in a vegie bol - as is making it from red onions. I change from using Quorn as a base and then using a mix of green lentils and pui lentils. Both are as good but it's really handy using lentils as you can always have these in your store cupboard.

What's LG sauce?

Mushroom Ketchup is good to put in a vegie bol - as is making it from red onions. I change from using Quorn as a base and then using a mix of green lentils and pui lentils. Both are as good but it's really handy using lentils as you can always have these in your store cupboard.

Lloyd Grossman sauce - nice to bung half a small jar of his tomato and basil sauce in - it's the best shop-bought sauce I've ever used.

Ta for the tips :) Never had mushroom ketchup - will look out for it. Keep meaning to try pui lentils as never had them before.

Lentils do give me monster farts though, unfortunately - loud, big AND stinky :(

Back
Top Bottom