Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I made so much jerk sauce that I ended up buying some chicken leg quarters and skinning them then sticking them in some along with the ribs, so had one of those in the end and froze the rest, so will have the ribs TODAY, with more salad.

Got a posh strawberry yoghurt for pudding, too. :cool:

You're Korean sounds nice, tarranau. :cool: I'm making panjeon (korean pancakes) tonight with leeks, green pepper and mushrooms. And possibly some halloumi on the side.

I have been instructed to cook a roast dinner with all the trimmings, so we're having free-range chicken with roast spuds, yorkshire pudding, carrots/broccoli/beans, and lashings of gravy.

I don't do them very often, but when I do, I reckon there's not much nicer than a roast for a very late lunch on a Sunday! :cool:

For me it also means I can fucking STUFF myself stupid cos you end up having two meals in one really. :D

And I LOVE feeling all over full but then knowing that I don't have to do fuck all else in the way of food for the rest of the day, other than maybe chucking a bag of crisps and an apple in the kids direction later....feels like a right treat not to have to cook DINNER too for a change! :cool: Small pleasures, eh?!? hehehe! :rolleyes: :D

And best of all when you've also managed to squash in a bit of a morning out for the kids, too! Perfect day!

ETA - PLUS (!!!!) LEFTOVERS!!! Which means easier dinners for days to come, too! We had a roast last Sunday and I had sandwich fillings for my daughter AND did two really easy, QUICK dinners in the week from the leftovers too - chicken/veg/noodle soup and then a chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup - and I am honestly sad enough to still be all self-satisfied and smug at my great ROAST ACHIEVEMENT days later when I'm still reaping the benefits, time wise, lol!

Well, not tea exactly, more of a very late lunch for me & my husband and a late breakfast for my son and the lodger who were working until the wee small hours. Mussels in cider, garlic, parsley and butter with crusty bread followed by roast belly of pork, leeks in white sauce, roast spuds and green beans. It will be the first proper meal we've all sat down together to for a while because of the different work shifts in our household.

M&S tenner deal for us - Bolognaise Bake, Garlic Mushrooms and some hazelnut cake things. Will probably add some garlic bread to the former and cream to the latter!....Mmmmm not sure my diet has been great this weekend :facepalm:

lol @ easy dinners with the leftovers sheo. we've been living on takeouts and toast for the last few months, so none of it counts as easy any more. luckily (?) sainsbos sent me a leg of lamb twice the size (and price :mad:) that i ordered so we should get a couple more meals out of it.

for anyone that doesn't roast very often i'd recommend those meat thermometers that you can leave in the meat. i'm always nervous about fucking up £20+ worth of meat when i do a posh roast (as opposed to my usual cheapo cuts) and it's never steered me wrong, the meat was perfectly done :)

I've got a veggie chilli bubbling away on the hob, and I just bought a nice 'artisan' :rolleyes: loaf from the farmers' market.

Roast chicken drumsticks and thighs with roast spuds flavoured with rosemary, smoked salt and pink peppercorns. Steamed Carrots and green beans too.
Not sure what pudding may bring but it may feature custard....

Ha! Got fed at work and am very tired so just had hoummus and broccoli for dinner. It was quite nice actually.

Roast chicken with tarragon and lemon, potatoes, parsnips, carrots and garlic roasted in goose fat and rosemary, steamed broccoli and gravy.

Chicken was cooked perfectly using Nigella's lemon recipe but adding Tits' tarragon touch - lovely. Oysters were pretty good, not big enough to save so we had them first.

I see what the fuss about about potatoes in goose fat is all about.

Best gravy I've ever made, one of the few things I don't think veggie cooking can compete with.

Dirty rice (with chicken livers, pork sausage and chicken) with shredded greens. Nice and easy and ribsticking.

Addy that curry looks lush! Your pan has the look of one that could produce nothing but deliciousness :D

Completely fell off the wagon today with a huge roast, pudding and then fudge :(

I've got last night's tea that needs using up though, so will have a small bowl of aloo gobi and keema matar in a bit.

Just made my Pasta for the week (tin of pasta sauce, tin of tomatoes and a shit load of veg to go with em, then freeze the lot and eat any that wont fit in freezer)

Think 2 scotch bonnets in the sauce might have been pushing it, and now thanks to a couple of mishaps with the food processor my hands sting like bastard

200343_10150442260015542_750745541_17672746_5121505_n.jpg

198977_10150442272820542_750745541_17672920_455237_n.jpg

189821_10150442311035542_750745541_17673542_5811780_n.jpg

This is how I rolled today

Thanks for all the nice comments, it was my first ever curry from scratch and although it didn't turn out to be the Balti I intended (I used some wrong ingredients) it was an awesome BIR style curry.
For 30 minutes after eating my mouth was alive with loads of different flavours :)

Base sauce View attachment Balti base sauce.txt
Curry View attachment Balti chicken.txt

This was the recipe I followed for the base sauce and for the curry cooked from it.

The base ended up at about 12 portions and I halved the amount of spice for 400g of chicken for the curry to make 2 good size portions.

Base Sauce

DSCF3546.jpg

Curry

DSCF3545.jpg

The recipe was obtained from http://cr0.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom