Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Can someone come round and make me a risotto? I'm far to hungover to stand and stir for 20 minutes but really fancy one :D

A massive curry delivery. With wine and spliffs while listening to loud, bone rattling bass.

A whole roast trout with thyme. Roast lemon with bay leaf (for squeezing over). Roast tomato. Purple sprouting broccolli. New potatoes. Very nice indeed. :)

Tonight Matthew, I shall be smoking copious amounts of fine weed and eating from the jumbo pot of sausage casserole leftovers. And quite possibly bothering the neighbours with short bursts of rib-cracking bass.

We're off tomorrow to a Korean table-barbecue restaurant in Fitzrovia which has had some good write ups, so it's a lazy weekend for food all round.

Tonight Matthew, I shall be smoking copious amounts of fine weed and eating from the jumbo pot of sausage casserole leftovers. And quite possibly bothering the neighbours with short bursts of rib-cracking bass.

We're off tomorrow to a Korean table-barbecue restaurant in Fitzrovia which has had some good write ups, so it's a lazy weekend for food all round.

Oooh, interesting. What's the name? Will you have kimchee?

Koba. Seems promising from the assorted gossip and online punditry. And they'll bubble and griddle some things up at the table for some added theatre. Looking forward to it

Not sure about the Kimchee tbh. Kind of want it for the whole Korean experience, but I've never been massively keen before. And I suspect it'll cost a fair bit more than the New Malden equivalent.

I've seen an artful picture of three different kimchees arranged in neat squares on a modishly oblong white china platter, so it's not quite the out of the tub dollop. But even so, in a menu full of things that I want to try, I may be reluctant to splash out on a plate of fermented cabbage of potentially limited appeal for the two of us. More than a £5/£6 seems a fair line in the sand I reckon.

well i'm trying to make a caramelised garlic tart. i think this one may fail as the pastry doesn't look great, but we'll see. if it doesn't work, i'll try again later in the week

Is that from a Guardian/Observer recipe or maybe some Otto? guy they took the recipe from? I made that a while back and it was good IIRC.

I do like homemade tarts but, to be worth doing, you need to make your own pastry, which takes time.

Chicken, broccoli, green beans and water chestnut stir fry in a soy and orange sticky sauce with egg fried rice.
Thorn tons mini millionaires short bread and ginger ale for pud :)

Koba. Seems promising from the assorted gossip and online punditry. And they'll bubble and griddle some things up at the table for some added theatre. Looking forward to it

Not sure about the Kimchee tbh. Kind of want it for the whole Korean experience, but I've never been massively keen before. And I suspect it'll cost a fair bit more than the New Malden equivalent.

If you're not big on kimchee, you could try Ojinguh Jut. I don't know if Koba does it though. It's a kind of raw or lightly cooked squid thing- get a teeny dish of it usually and it's lovely.

Tonight we had turkey and leek pie. It was rubbish :mad: I can't seem to make pie. The filling's always watery. Making up for it with Easter eggs.

I fucking LOVE kimchee. They can't charge that much for cabbage though, surely?

I love kimchee as well.

Nice to see you've got your cooking mojo back, mrsfran.

I had a feta and falafel snackpot thing from M&S because I'm at work. And some crisps. It was OK, but I haven't cooked properly for over a week and I miss it. :(

Veggie option tonight. Mushrooms/garlic/parsley/cream/parmesan with pasta. Simple but delicious. Also a bit of asparagus and salad on the side.

Veggie option tonight. Mushrooms/garlic/parsley/cream/parmesan with pasta. Simple but delicious. Also a bit of asparagus and salad on the side.

Very nice, that's one of my veggie staples - although I sometimes briefly steam asparagus and then toss it all together with the sauce and pasta - the OH likes it that way but I'm not a major fan of asparagus myself.

Was supposed to be a Balti, but was more like a Tandori Tikka

DSCF3545.jpg

Last night we got a take away from ourlocal Indian restaurant: mixed kebab to start, chicken tikka lababda, vegetable rice and sag aloo. They chucked in some popadoms, salad and raita too.
The portions are massive and it nearly defeated us but I have a reputation to uphold and waited for my second wind to polish off the remaining rice :D

looks good addy :cool:

i'm attempting normal family life today :hmm: tbf we've never done this, but this is what my folks did every sunday so we'll see how it goes. mr bob is taking the kids out for the morning and i'm making sunday lunch. roast leg of lamb, roast spuds, savoy cabbage, carrots if i can be arsed, peas if not, both if i'm feeling particularly ambitious.

Massive fry up in the next few hours, then pub for birthday afternoon and more. Burritos a definite possibility, or it'll be a midnight drunken food fumble from the fridge. I'm surprisingly adept at cooking something whilst heinously pissed, but there's a first time for every finger dicing disaster. Eating out again would be preferred

Koba was good last night. Had seafood pajeon and smoked duck for starters (bailed on the steak tartare type temptations), followed by a big platter of sliced meats (belly pork, steak (ribeye and rump), prawns, baby octopus, ribs) that were cooked at the table. Lettuce leaf wraps, various sauces, a bit of seaweed and some kimchi on the side. Very pleasant indeed really, with welcoming staff and a good atmosphere. Certainly not the cheapest Korean restaurant you'll encounter, but it's a good balance of the well designed and relaxed.

Back
Top Bottom