Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Baked aubergine, stuffed with rice, olives, mushrooms, tomatoes and chopped up veggie bangers.

We've got sausage, mash and peas. The sausages are victorian apparently. Not in age, in style. No idea what that means.

A whopping sized sausage casserole, with three kinds of bangers, chorizo, butterbeans, leeks and mushrooms. And more veg. Craving veg and something wholesome really

Reindeer with loginberry sauce, roast potatoes, and cabbage (in Norway). Delicious. The starter was salmon, prawns, and cod caviar with basil and olive oil. Raspberry mousse with dark berries for dessert.

reindeer heart has to be one of the tastiest foods ever! mmmm reindeer with lingonberry jam, janssons temptation, and stewed cabage would just hit the spot right now

i had vegetable stew with soda bread, and a banana :(

It is easier, but you'd go about it slightly differently once the bird is cooked, hang on let me find somewhere that'll show you the best way to get them :) (they just pop out).

How was your stir fry?

Off out tonight so a shop-bought roast vegetable tart for tea - poss some chips too

I really shouldn't read this thread half an hour before lunchtime. Feel faint with hunger now :facepalm:

Cheers m'dear.

Stir fry was really good. I didn't have anything to compare it to but Mrs R thought it was lovely, so all good. I followed a Jamie Oliver recipe - I can see why he's so popular, you can follow his very simple recipes without much skill and experience and create a pretty good dish. The caramelized cashews were a great touch.

The other important thing was teaching the littlun about different quality chicken. I let her have a piece of fried chicken from the chippy the other day 'cos her friends all love it. She hated it, only had one mouthful and it looked so grim I didn't even try it. The free range chicken I used last night could have come from a completely different species and she enjoyed it, so we had a good chat about how important it is to us and the animals to eat responsibly reared meat.

Back
Top Bottom