Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

WHAT THE............?!? :eek: :confused:
If you are going to parboil something then surely you chop/slice/whatever it first? :confused:

no need for any parboiling. grate, squeeze, fry :D
no, not if you're frying, but mandolining or finely slicing parboiled spuds ain't going to work is it?

Wrongness of the first order I'm afraid. Tsk.
So you never cut or slice anything before parboiling? How do you make yer roasties? :hmm:

If you are going to parboil something then surely you chop/slice/whatever it first? :confused:

no, not if you're frying, but mandolining or finely slicing parboiled spuds ain't going to work is it?

So you never cut or slice anything before parboiling? How do you make yer roasties? :hmm:

Parboiling MANDOLINED spuds? Would that not result in an equally sticky unworkable mess?!

different to bigger roasties

Parboiling MANDOLINED spuds? Would that not result in an equally sticky unworkable mess?!

different to bigger roasties
Shouldn't do if you do it for a couple of mins. But tbf I wouldn't parboil them if I'd mandolined em, they're thin enough to roast/bake/fry without it - but I would do that rather than parboil then mandoline :D

Shouldn't do if you do it for a couple of mins. But tbf I wouldn't parboil them if I'd mandolined em, they're thin enough to roast/bake/fry without it - but I would do that rather than parboil then mandoline :D

Hehehe :D You know, I bloody well AGONISED over whether to parboil or not on Sunday. I am going to try again and not parboil this time.

Friggin mandolin's really scary to use, for a clumsy twat like me

Sainsburys Be Good To Yourself Mushroon Risotto with some Weight Watchers garlic dough balls followed by a Skinng Cow ice cream lolly - Mr. QofG's is out and I can't be arsed to cook

Veggie lasagne, as gsv will be a bit late back... he has put in a request for the addition of quorn chunks, which will be granted.

Home-made chicken korma, Uncle Ben's rice, and I'll get a naan, chutneys, poppadoms and maybe another side dish from the indian takeaway round the corner.

Nomaste!

Three course tuesday for me as I'm dining alone:
prawn marie rose to start
Meat feast pizza with dressed salad
Petit filous for pud.

What if he lost important fingers?! :eek:
:D he's very careful.

My dad took the end of his finger off with one just before Christmas.
My mum took him to the hospital when the electrical tape he had stuck over the end had failed to stem the flow of blood :rolleyes:
Ouch :eek:

Last night finished off pork noodles, with less noodles and more veg for me.

Tonight is meant to be baked spuds with mushrooms and chicken, maybe just salad for me :(

^ glad to hear it B ;)

Not sure what to have tonight...something snacky as tother half is off out to rehearsal

Maybe poached eggs on cheese on toast. Did have a fuckton of eggs and cheese yesterday though. Hmmm...

I was thinking about beans and cheese on homemade (bread) toast or pea, ham and cheese omelet on the same but after seeing the rosti recipe I may change my mind.... :hmm:

slow cooked chinese beef (that I slow cooked a week or so ago and took out of the freezer this morning), rice and stir fried cabbage with garlic.

Back
Top Bottom