Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

In on my own tonight, and waiting for the tesco delivery, so it could be any number of things, although I am quite fancying the idea of turning an Aberdeen Angus burger into meatballs and having them with spaghetti and LG sauce, slathered in parmesan :cool:

Numbers... I am a teeny bit jealous of your tea, although I don't know what it is yet you make it sound lush! :D

I'm going to make keema matar is a bit to have with chapatis a bit later :)

I'm cooking what I call "tentacle stew" - I have a shit load of squid so I'm marinading and stewing it in a sauce similar to that of West Indian fish stews - spicy and lush, really looking forward to it :)

Numbers... I am a teeny bit jealous of your tea, although I don't know what it is yet you make it sound lush! :D

I'm going to make keema matar is a bit to have with chapatis a bit later :)
You'd love it Biddly. :)

Pone is not a pudding, not a cake, but something somewhere in between, today they made 2 types, 1 with cassava and 1 with cornmeal. They also made heavy bread, which is like hard dough bread, but sweeter. Guyanese stylee.

We didn't have cook up tho', the ma-in-law done a salt fish dish instead with rice and pea and roast potatoes.

I'm wonderfully stuffed.

Something made from minced beef today, I'm leaning towards meatballs with mafia sauce and spaghetti. Missus is thinking beef chilli.

Kids had hotdogs last night and I had more of the butternut/spinach/king prawns and pitta.

A ROAST today! :cool:

Chicken, roast potatoes, yorkshires, cauli cheese, broccoli, gravy and bread sauce.

i really want sausages, mash and gravy. :(
i saw something advertised in the town i'm staying in called a pizza pie. i might give that a go.

i really want sausages, mash and gravy. :(
i saw something advertised in the town i'm staying in called a pizza pie. i might give that a go.

You'll have *the best* sausages and mash when you get back then! :cool:

When I'm away for extended periods I ALWAYS crave chicken and sweetcorn soup from the chinese :D and apple pie/crumble which I rarely have at home :hmm: (although you tend to be able to get the latter fairly easily in some of the more touristy bits of India/Nepal etc these days)

funny you should say that sheo, as almost every place i've been to in india offers chicken and sweetcorn soup and i have it most times as a 'starter' (though they always bring out everything at once). their interpretations of this dish are extremely varied! some don't have sweetcorn in them and a few don't seem to have chicken in either.

A veggie roast here: one of those Realeat Sage & Onion roasts, with roasties (possibly mash too), carrots, broccoli,sugar snap peas,gravy & a glass of red wine.

I'm currently at work so the plan is my BF is cooking though I think all this is hangover dependent!

We need to use some stuff from the freezer so some kind of filled pasta (not home made) with walnut sauce and garlic bread plus rocket, avacado, mozarella, tomato salsa and parma ham. Then for afters meringue (if they work, never made them before!) with raspberries and cream.

Not very diet friendly though I am using Weight Watchers Double Cream!!

you're being harsh on the broccoli policeman Sheo. Mash with roasties is alright, but usually a symptom of too small an oven for enough roasties than a genuine need. Would prefer mac and cheese or similar instead though

Stlll, I'd have pretty much anything extra on the plate to get away from the Realeat sage and onion roast. You seen those things? They're like a swiss roll made out of doughy tvp cardboard-fluff, rolled around a snotty middle spot of spinach with dried sage and onion powder.

:(

Not sure - on my own tonight so probably leftover bloody Mexican-style pulled pork AGAIN, in corn tortillas with guacamole and sour cream and stuff. :(

you're being harsh on the broccoli policeman Sheo. Mash with roasties is alright, but usually a symptom of too small an oven for enough roasties than a genuine need. Would prefer mac and cheese or similar instead though

:D

I don't think I'm in any position to argue, tbf, with roasties and yorkshires. Much of a muchness. I'm just clutching at straws, t! :(

Back
Top Bottom