Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Pie (steak and kidney for the boy, chicken and something for me), with roast potatoes and veg. Roasties because he had his knee surgery today and is feeling "poorly". All together now - "Aah".

(I don't do sympathy)

Returned to Hot Stuff in Vauxhall and shared prawn tikka masala (sparse, sweet, tomato and oniony); chicken jalfrezi (very hot tonight - hotter than last times prawn vindaloo, which had a smokey depth - the jalfrezi was very hot but nevertheless delicious with a rich, homemade gravy and green peppers); sag paneer (excellent paneer but I prefer it strong on the garlic side, this was kind of mild, even bland - but perfectly matched with heady garlic naan (excellent, light, thin-crust pizza style and strong on the garlic oil flavour (but not oily); The pilau rice was slightly sticky and aromatic, like it'd been cooked with a cinammon stick, which I often do myself - enjoyed with can coke, water and a mango lassi. Mint tea always good afterwards (after waddling home....:))

You not found a McDonald's yet?

Know what they call a Big Mac in India? A Chicken Maharajah. Know what they put on fries instead of ketchup? Coconut chutney. I seen 'em do it man. They fucking drown 'em in that shit.

(One of the above facts is true btw)

We've got posh lemon/herb chicken kiev's tonight (bought as part of a Tesco valentines meal deal).......more oven chips and mange tout to go with it.
I also have half a cauli to use though so I might do some cauli cheese too. :hmm:
Apples and Clubs for pudding.

Currently got a chicken casserole on the go that is very heavy on the leeks. I like leeks but I fear you can have too much of a good thing.

I'm hoping you're right. I don't think this even qualifies as a chicken casserole really. It's a fucking LEEK casserole.

Not sure but there's a cookin storm brewing in the kitchen as the ma-in-law and missus are getting stuck in. They're currently making pone (both a cassava and corn meal one), heavy bread, and later a cook-up.

Can't wait.

had a massive haddock, chips and mushy peas last night at the chipper in Balham - outrageously satisfying, the perfect chippie.

today its Italian later...in a family run restaurant. Will report back! :)

crikey fish. chips & mushy peas Cheesy....do you think you may have preferred broccoli*, mange** tout or carrots?***

*NO **hmmm maybe/on the fence with mange tout ***NO

Back
Top Bottom