Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Not a savoury pancake main?

We have good maple syrup stocks at home which is good :cool:

Unfortunately no savoury pancake main for us :(
I've been ordered by 16-yo invisibleplanet jnr to make fishy pie, followed by pancakes with lashings of sweet dressings :)
It's in our best interests to keep him happy! He's training to be First Line Support at an IT Academy, on the first 'rung' of the network management ladder, and he's out of the house from 7:30am 'til 6pm. It's a long day for him and he's asleep by 10pm every night. I'm really proud of his achievements as there were 600 applicants and only 64 got places. One of the things I do to contribute to his happiness/contentedness is to make whatever he asks me to make.

I've not got both kids at the same time again for the next couple of nights so we are having Shrove THURSDAY this year :D (and we WILL be enjoying savoury AND sweet pancakes, btw, Badgers :cool: ).

Tonight - son's at his dad's and my daughter's eating at a friends so I dunno - might just be soup. :hmm:

beef stew which smells frankly GORGEOUS as i type.
with pankcakes, if i can find someone to bring me pancakes :)

i've tried the ones that you just wang in the microwave before and, while they're not absolutely vile, they're not great either..

pancakes!!!! having a few people over so doing some kinda mushroom things, and some grated cheese for savoury (build your own) and will do sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, honey and nutella for sweet. also hot chocolate sauce... and whatever anyone else brings :)

Pancakes just leave me all meh. Can't see the appeal, unless it's one of those massive motherfuckers stuffed with ham and cheese like wot you get in a Dutch pancake house.

Anyway - off round t'in-laws toneet for us tea - we have put in a special request for chips n egg n mushy peas, but I have been warned that I might get beans instead.

I will not complain. That would be churlish. They're in their fucking 70s ffs :rolleyes:

cake :cool:

yesterday I made chocolate fairy cakes and today I'm making red velvet ones with chocolate ganache on top :cool:

Savoury pancakes with garlic mushrooms, cheese, ham, peas, fresh parsley and chives.

Then sweet ones with any combo of sugar, lemon, ice cream, maple syrup, honey and Nutella.

:cool:

Me either, from today I'm allowed peas again though :cool:

Boy doesn't really like pancakes, and I haven't got time to faff with fillings :(

cake :cool:

yesterday I made chocolate fairy cakes and today I'm making red velvet ones with chocolate ganache on top :cool:
Red velvet cake is ace :oops:

I'm making Red Velvet cake for the first time this weekend...though I have never tried it myself. I'm following a Hummingbirds recipe but can't decide on one big cake or lots of fairy cakes?

jacket spud again for me as I forgot to get anything out the freezer this morning.
Pancakes (with sugar and lemon) for pud.

What I want: Pancakes with creamy garlic mushrooms, spinach and ham.
What we're having: Fish cake with broccoli, corn on the cob and carrots - The boy had a McDonalds for lunch so wants to eat something light and virtuous, I had soup and am starving but he won in the end as i'm too tired to argue :(

Fucking hell, soup, soup, soup ALL DAY for me! :facepalm: Carrot and lentil for brunch and then again this arvo and spicy parsnip and apple for later. I've stuck some ham in the last one to try and make ANOTHER BOWL OF SOUP just that bit more exciting. :rolleyes:

ETA - Oh but :cool: had a Tesco delivery so will have some Hula Hoops later, too - woohoo! :D

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU WOMAN???:mad:!!

Stuffed peppers, salad. Pancakes with lemon, sugar and rum, set on fire.

Still not feeling grand. Have eaten half a poncing Veg pot and a bread roll all day. Pancakes can swivel for the moment.

May make some kind of soupy thing later. Rubbish

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU WOMAN???:mad:!!

Nothing more than laziness, tbf :facepalm: :D - although also - I didn't have any kids to feed and DID have shit loads of soup to eat up (I was FORCED into making the parsnip one after making a huge batch of the carrot one because I discovered five parsnips I'd missed in the veg bed and couldn't think of any better way to get rid of the whole five at once cos neither of the kids like em :rolleyes: ).

I'll only have ONE MORE BOWL of the parsnip left after tonights one though - so that'll be lunch tomorrow and then I am FREE OF FUCKING SOUP! :mad:

I would've done but by the time I discovered the parsnips I sort of thought it might be too late to freeze the carrot one iykwim? A few days after making it sort of thing... :hmm: And I thought the parsnip one might go *bitty* :hmm:

Plus - fucking hell, I'd probably just never have taken it out again - 'carrot soup? :hmm: No. :-| '

Anyway, biddly - DID YOU ENJOY YOUR PEAS!!!!???? :D

I would've done but by the time I discovered the parsnips I sort of thought it might be too late to freeze the carrot one iykwim? A few days after making it sort of thing... :hmm: And I thought the parsnip one might go *bitty* :hmm:

Plus - fucking hell, I'd probably just never have taken it out again - 'carrot soup? :hmm: No. :-| '

Anyway, biddly - DID YOU ENJOY YOUR PEAS!!!!???? :D

:D I don't freeze soup for that exact reason.

Anyway! I had pancakes. One with leftover curry (and cheese) and another with cheese and ham and then one with squirty cream. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom