Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

what's mirinda?
i've been eating lots of masala dosas. To be honest, I haven't been totally blown away by much of the food yet cos i've been in only touristy bits - i need to get to the hillls where's there's no fellow travellers wanting to make small talk when i'm trying to be alone like greta garbo.

I loved eating in India...last time I was there I had a kidney infection that killed my appetite for 10 days of a 3 week holiday...I was gutted as I recovered just as I was leaving to go to Goa and away from the wonderful street food. Mirinda is a fizzy soft drink that IMO is insanely delicious. I don't drink orange flavour pop anywhere else but in India...it comes in other flavours but the orange is my fave so far.

ah, i don't drink fizzy pop much. i haven't had much but water, masala chai, lassis and coffee. Beer is too gassy - I have to stop after 3 so it's pretty pointless drinking it. Had wine once and it's not worth drinking either and it's more expensive than in Britain

moonsi - they have Mirinda in all the shops round here! :cool: It's lush.

I'd die for a masala dosa.... had rubbish shop-bought pizza cos am feeling lazy and broke.

visiting a friend who is making veg chilli & jacket poatoes. Reckon it will be jacket first then chilli...:D I will also be drinking lots of bubbles & vodka.

Beans on toast with a cheese slice for the girl, carrot/lentil/coriander soup for me and prob a Danepak chinese style rib burger whatsit in pitta bread with mayo/lettuce and a cheese slice for the boy.

We still have a little bit of the blueberry and lemon bread and butter pudding left too, so a teeny portion of that for pudding with a cup of tea for me and maybe a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the side for them.

I have to use the five parsnips I dug up the other day, too (had completely missed them being there!) - so might make a curried parsnip and apple soup too, although seeing as how I still have a ton of the carrot and lentil left to get through, that means I'll be eating soup for DAYS :facepalm: (unless I freeze the parsnip one.... :hmm: ).

I'm having chicken wrapped in bacon with garlic and various other shit, new potatoes and cauliflower cheese. I'm a bit bored of my standard chicken/bacon recipe so have looked at a couple of other recipes. One of them goes for stuffing the chicken with Philadelphia which I like the sound of but reckon that might make the whole dinner a bit overly cheesy what with having cauli cheese already. :hmm:

I would like your opinion on this please, O great sages of the what's for tea tonight thread.

Is there such a thing as too cheesy?

I'm having chicken wrapped in bacon with garlic and various other shit, new potatoes and cauliflower cheese. I'm a bit bored of my standard chicken/bacon recipe so have looked at a couple of other recipes. One of them goes for stuffing the chicken with Philadelphia which I like the sound of but reckon that might make the whole dinner a bit overly cheesy what with having cauli cheese already. :hmm:

I would like your opinion on this please, O great sages of the what's for tea tonight thread.

Nah, it's a different kind of cheese. Totally acceptable.

We are having expensive sirloin steak :cool: With sauteed potatoes and spinach mornay.

Cheesey waffles, maybe with ham & pineapple if the spirit moves me.

Sorry NVP, but that sounds a bit too cheesy for my tastes.

The Magpies are coming over so I'm pushing the boat out a bit. Nibbles then potato and celeriac soup with homemade sourdough, followed by roasted pork tenderloin with rhubarb, roast potatoes and wilted frisée, followed by cheese and biscuits and if anyone's hungry after all that they can have a rhubarb cupcake warmed in the microwave with a bit of ice-cream. Or some dark choc.

Me and the boy are eating now cos we've both only had brunch so far and I won't be back from picking my daughter up till 7, so I just had my soup, with the addition of some big hunks of ham ends that my brought up for their sandwiches.

I actually asked my son if he'd like some carrot and lentil soup...'NO!'...then got him to try some of mine (15 minutes later when he'd forgotten any conversation about soup and failed to connect the two :D )....'Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!'....dickhead! :rolleyes:

He said could he have some later. :D I might just say no. :p

jacket potato with tuna mayo, or ham, egg and chips. i will see what the kids fancy in a bit, we all had a late lunch

I don't think it's too cheesy. Philadelphia is more creamy than cheesy.

When I do this I mix the cheese with breadcrumbs which stops the cream cheese just turning to creamy water when you cook it.

We're having pasta with a creamy chorizo and pepper sauce. I might use Philadelphia now you've mentioned it.

I have no idea, other than it's going to be good...going to Ms T's in about half an hour. I bet my son just sits around in his boxers eating noodles till we return. He loves it when we go out.

The pork with rhubarb was amazing!

Tonight we're having more pork - pulled pork Mexican style done in the slow cooker, served with refried beans, guacamole and maybe some rice in corn tortillas.

I don't think it's too cheesy. Philadelphia is more creamy than cheesy.

When I do this I mix the cheese with breadcrumbs which stops the cream cheese just turning to creamy water when you cook it.

It was really nice, not too cheesy. :) Cheddar in the cauli cheese, philadelphia in the chicken, two different things really. I like the breadcrumb idea but I already had breadcrumbs on the cauli cheese. That meal would have been too breadcrumby. You see my dilemma. :D

Cooking that aromatic beef curry, spicy cauliflower and sweet and sour potatoes that i saw on the Hairy Biker programme the other week

Back
Top Bottom