Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Shepherds pie, well, cottage pie actually. Gonna put some buttery leeks in with the mash. Oh yeah.

i'm very hungover, just ordered a large veggie pizza with added jalopenos and pineapple. will be drinking elderflower cordial.

We were going to have cottage pie but we're both knackered and I'm not feeling well so we had kids dinner (as my husband calls it), kiev, chips and beans. :)

There seemed little point making any effort as I can't really taste anything. :rolleyes:

I like the breadcrumb idea but I already had breadcrumbs on the cauli cheese. That meal would have been too breadcrumby. You see my dilemma. :D

Cheesy breadcrumbs with sides*....!

*consisting of veg and MEAT! :D

I have some chicken wings I'd stuck in a chinese style marinade and frozen (errrr....but defrosted now, obv :rolleyes: ) to have with some cold rice :-/ and some broccoli.

Doesn't quite fit in with the *healthy eating* to eat all four of them, but if I just have two, I'm left with too few to feed the kids when they're back tomorrow night, so I might just have to suck it up and eat the lot! OH NO!!!! :-( ( :cool: :D )

Couple more beers to drink first either way!

Sausage, mash, mushrooms, onions, carrots and gravy.

I only just learned how to make gravy (as opposed to adding hot water to granules) and we've had it every night since. GRAVY :cool:

Dinner last night was lovely (probably cos I got to eat so many wings, tbf :D ) so I've taken the last batch out of the freezer to have tonight, too :D (the kids do like chicken wings tho - and *they* haven't actually had em for a bit)! Soooo chinese chicken wings, rice and broccoli with a splash of soy sauce over the veg/rice.

And a summer berry and banana lassi for pudding.

jacket potatos with either tuna mayo, cheese and beans ( cheese then beans then more cheese :cool:) or herby roast veg. and best of all , i dont have to cook any of it as feyr jnr is cooking the potatoes, warming the beans and boiling the eggs :) roast veg are left over from yesterday as i had had put them in the oven before work for the kids and ex to have with some pasta but the ex ordered them all pizza instead :mad:

Made a lovely bollock naked yesterday with quorn mince, courgettes, yellow pepper, onions, LG sauce and some toms and basil, and there's a bit left over, so am thinking of having baked spuds with cheese, and the leftovers on the side

Was going to be the cottage pie we were meant to have last night but I'm feeling poorly, husband can't be arsed to do mash so we're having chili.

Fingers crossed I will be able to taste it I it's hot enough.

Shepherd's Pie (lamb mince, grated carrot, garlic and rosemary topped with mashed spud and a bit of grated mousetrap that really needed using up). I haven't decided on the veg yet, will fossick about in the freezer shortly.

Feeling a bit sick tonight and distinctly unlike cooking.

On the plus side we did have some fantastic rump steaks last night (Donald Russell bastards), which may well be up there with the tastiest beef evah!. And there's a fridge already full of good food should either of us get round to making meals.

A can't be bothered to stand over the oven dinner of: chicken kievs, mashed spuds, roasted butternut squash, peas.

onion, mushroom and garlic omelette.
and the stew's finally gone into the slow cooker :oops:

Fishy pie (made with frozen 'Sainsbury's basics' Pollack) and green beans. I'm tempted to buy 4oz of smoked fish to jazz it up, but that would defeat the object of making an evening meal that costs £4 or under.

Back
Top Bottom