Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We're going to Cornercopia in Brixton Village - I guess you would call it modern British.

i have a cottage cheese sandwich for lunch :) Nice, but not the best sandwich filler option as I'm sure my sandwich will be all soggy by 1pm.

i have a cottage cheese sandwich for lunch :) Nice, but not the best sandwich filler option as I'm sure my sandwich will be all soggy by 1pm.

top tip for non-soggy sarnies - frozen bread! use it straight from the freezer to make your sarnie and then by lunchtime it has thawed and the fillings are still fresh and the bread non-soggy... i can't say I've tried it with cottage cheese but it definitely works for houmous and tomato :cool:

I've tasted cottage cheese before and it fails fundamentally as a cheese cos it doesn't have any cheesy properties. I've also been put of by it since my GCSE biology teacher told us that one if the symptoms of gonorrhea is a cottage-cheese-like discharge

top tip for non-soggy sarnies - frozen bread! use it straight from the freezer to make your sarnie and then by lunchtime it has thawed and the fillings are still fresh and the bread non-soggy... i can't say I've tried it with cottage cheese but it definitely works for houmous and tomato :cool:

good idea! Will try this. I always keep my bread in the freezer but take 2 slices out each night so i can make sandwiches in the morning.

I quite like cottage cheese - not the low fat stuff though - the nice creamy full fat delicious stuff.... am I wrong :hmm:

tonight we're having mushroom and goats cheese omlette with boiled potatoes and salad (moonsi- is it okay to have salad with boiled potatoes? :D)

TBH my first thought was omlette & boiled potatoes was an odd choice....but salad isn't a natural plate sharer with boiled potatoes either. I will admit to not liking very much boiled potatoes, potato salad or omlette (or any eggs). This does not make me fussy...:)

My mum's coming for the night and has requested a bread and butter pudding so I'm going to try a blueberry and lemon version :hmm:

But first we'll have a slow cooked chinese style pork casserole with rice and steamed pak choi.

TBH my first thought was omlette & boiled potatoes was an odd choice....but salad isn't a natural plate sharer with boiled potatoes either. I will admit to not liking very much boiled potatoes, potato salad or omlette (or any eggs). This does not make me fussy...:)

:D what would you have with omlette? just salad? needs something more.... potatoes are a good choice :mad: ;)

I'm having that tonight! :D
Delicious!

It is a winner isn't it, you just can't go wrong can you?

Should have a bit of a decent dinner tonight but not sure what for it should should take. Now I do like pizza, if fact I fucking love pizza more than most of my own family but like to keep it in reserve for those lazy evenings when no cooking can be faced. Perhaps the mighty jacket potato is an option but what to have as toppings? Everyone likes a good burger don't they?

something with smoked tofu, red pepper and carrots. maybe a stir-fry :hmm: or maybe something more inspired... dunno yet. going out for beers tonight so it'll have to be quick.

:D what would you have with omlette? just salad? needs something more.... potatoes are a good choice :mad: ;)

Well I have never had a omlette in my life but I think from the potato world it would be chips/wedges/saute. Imagine the horror of omlette & mashed potatoes!

I'm having a qourn fillet in a tomato sauce with cous cous, salad & garlic bread. Going to have a few of those pickled jalopenos...got a craving for something hot.

salad is not meant to go on the same plate as the main course - it's a separate course that you have after or before your main meal. putting cold leaves on a plate with hot food just mings

^^^ tell us what food you have been eating in India?...I once had a utterly delicious plate of spiced potatoes at a railway station for 10 rupees. What is standing out for you? and are drinking Mirinda?

Back
Top Bottom