Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

That ice cream looks lush- do you have an ice cream maker or did you use James Martins ice cream voodoo of adding frozen fruit to cream?

Tonight for us I'm making a tray bake of lamb and mint meat balls with Greek veg and feta. Nom!

ice cream machine. generally it sits gathering dust next to the juicer, but i've sworn to use it more... also, martha enjoys helping. she chucked in the raspberries...

i dont know :( original plan was sushi, with chicken or steak fajitas as a back up plan, but my tesco order subsituted sushi rice for 2 rolling mats :confused: and the multipack of peppers with a jar of black peppercorns :(

so possibly chips

No sauce, can't be bothered. Well, I might be bothered. If I am, I'll just deglaze the roasting pan with some stock and wine. I have home-made chicken stock frozen in ice cubes for just this very kind of occasion. It's like I'm Nigella or something :cool:

Good skillz on making your own stock. Incidentally, I saw a smallish carton of chicken stock (or 'chicken broth' as they call it in the US), in Sainsburys today for 2 quid! Which seemed a bit steep.

Tonight I have made beef curry, which smells good! :cool:

Had some homemade veggie pizza at a friends last night & then it was home for the main event of curry. BF and I had a daal that a colleagues partner made for me...it was the best I have ever had. Also had saag paneer & a veg curry with rice & fresh nan bread from the nan shop (the naanery).

Today is quorn veggie roast day with plenty oif roast potatoes (soft & fluffy inside, crispy on the out) with yorkshire puddings, lots of veggies & gravy.

I ended up throwing caution to the wind and getting a takeaway last night (even though I really can't afford it at the mo :facepalm: )...so I had a chicken and sweetcorn soup, a wonton soup and some salt and pepper ribs....then the reheated spring roll for brekky this morning :cool: .........so tonight I'll be having last nights dinner (the squash/spinach/prawn curry).

Might take some of the brownies me and the boy made last weekend out of the freezer too... :hmm:

i'll probably have fishcakes in pitta with lots of horseradish and chilli sauce. maybe some cheese too.

e2a: bit far otherwise i would OU

my friends are over in bangalore watching it at the moment. are all the locals excited? they're thrashing us right now.

Just preparing a light supper of chicken stew, rice, cassava, Colombian chorizo, plantains, black beans, chicharron and arepas.

Not sure, a mate is coming round later so I expect we will get a takeaway of some description.

I quite fancy chinese.

An M&S tenner deal - pork escalopses in a creamy sauce plus rosemary potatoes and cherry (I think!) cobbler for dessert - to which we shall have some duck pate and bread for a start, some cabbage with the main course and some custard with the cobbler. All easy as I am knackered and didn't fancy cooking.

Rosemary roasted topside of beef with roast spuds, butternut squash, steamed carrots and broccoli.
Honey roasted rhubarb with custard for pudding.
Comfort food to take my mind off having to return to work tomorrow after nearly 2 weeks off :(

they were pretty damn good, i think.

5482298063_611e8faf4c.jpg

They look really good killer b, have you got a deep fat fryer or did you shallow fry them?

Simple cheese on toast for me tonight.

halfway between the two - about an inch of oil in the bottom of a saucepan. it took forever, 'cause i could only do 4-5 at a time... :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom