Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

halfway between the two - about an inch of oil in the bottom of a saucepan. it took forever, 'cause i could only do 4-5 at a time... :facepalm:
they do look bloody lovely though! I'm ashamed I've never made them, still on my ever increasing list :D

i'd love a deep fat fryer, but i don't have the kitchen real estate for it.

probably for the best tbf - i once looked after my aunt's house for a week (she had a deep fat fryer), and ate deep fried every night...

I've taken a steak out of the freezer and I have some spinach to use up too. I might just have that with chips :hmm: but I dread to think what it'll do to poor moonsi if I do.... :( :( :(

I always want what I haven't got in :rolleyes: So am going to try and use up stuff I've got in. So that's mozzarella, porcini mushrooms, and a courgette then.

I think I might buy some tinned toms and basil and do some kinda pasta bake thing with the moz and courgette

I've taken a steak out of the freezer and I have some spinach to use up too. I might just have that with chips :hmm: but I dread to think what it'll do to poor moonsi if I do.... :( :( :(

LOL....:D I feel another poll coming on...this time 'what vegetable is appropriate to have with chips?'. We already know broccoli is out and I think it is a given that sprouts and cabbage will be too. I'm on the fence with spinach.

I fancy spag bol tonight. So, spag bol for proper dinner and probably some houmous and crisps while I wait 4 hours for it to cook :D

A real treat for me this evening. Miss BP is cooking and I'll have dinner on the table when I get home from either training or the pub.

A friend trimmed their rosemary bush last week so I think the plan is to use that in a home made Focaccia served with a surprise something or other. I can't wait!

Well I scrapped the chips and did a mini spinach pasta bake to go with my steak, but I made my sauce way too thin, couldn't be fucked to thicken it so stuck it in the oven knowing it would be a massive disappointment....and it was. :mad: :D
Steak was nice though and I still ate it all, tbf! :rolleyes:

Shoulda had the chips! *glares at moonsi* :mad:

I used up the left over roast beef from yesterday in a massaman curry with potatoes, butternut squash and peas with some right nice rice:)
I really fancy something chocolatey for pudding but have no energy to rustle anything up....

Venison steak, mushrooms, tomatoes and potato wedges. What a treat, even though the steaks weren't big. Fed four people for under £14 including all the veg.

had 2 scotch eggs and a carrot in the end, plus a 3 hour nap . just about to have pudding of a mug of hot choc and valium

I don't care what is for tea tonight, I do wish it was cooked in this sexy cooker though :cool:

cc92mfx6_1426_detail.jpg

tonight is the tofu and broccoli stir fry I didn't have last night because I had some kind of weird soy-bolognese made with pepper sauce.... it was, interesting....

We're having baked potatoes with beans and cheese :hmm:

(I don't really like beans on baked spuds - don't tell Badgers - but I can have pulses now. Ooooh chickpeas, lentils, butter beans, black beans, beans, beans, beans :cool:)

Back
Top Bottom