Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I made the ottolenghi caramelised garlic tart with potato dauphinose and lemony green veg.
I also made brownies for pud which we had with raspberries and cream and lashings of pink fizz. I could get used to being on holiday :)

Tonight I have a doctor's appointment which I'm a bit eeeek about, so after that I think we're gonna go out and eat. Not really sure what I fancy, maybe Nepalese.

Could you swap the small naan for a chapati instead? They're quite thin, and quite low fat (only flour, water and sometimes a tiny bit of oil) :)

B/nut squash and chickpea thai curry was stonking last night, and found some jasmine rice to go with it :cool:

Tonight, me and our lass so it's poached smoked river cobbler, with poached egg on top, and chips and peas - fucking nom

C0018302-Frozen_chip_factory,_raw_chips-SPL.jpg

Could you swap the small naan for a chapati instead? They're quite thin, and quite low fat (only flour, water and sometimes a tiny bit of oil) :)

I would do normally but the naans are in the freezer (well currently defrosting) and need eating up :) They are not too bad really, quite nice with soup. Actually I may add chapatis to my shopping list as I could chuck those in the freezer to use as and when :cool:

I made a concerted effort to eat up the things I bought at the winter fair in December which means we have a 3 course meal:
Italian cheese wrapped in panchetta and fried served on a pumpkin seed roll.
A huge lump of panchetta chopped up and fried till crispy with a creamy lemony chilli penne pasta sauce with peas.
Brownies for pudding

Yesterday - brown lentil dahl, potato & cauliflower, rotis and rice
Today - stir-fried vegetables (onion, pepper, spinach, stalky broccoli, green beans) and rice

My husbands favourite dinner tonight-chicken breasts stuffed with philly and breadcrumbs with cherry toms, peppers, shallots, garlic and new pots all roasted in olive oil and herbs.

It was lush. : )

Sainsburys maris piper potatoes, mushy peas, white sauce and battered cod. It's odd, I just love this paupers dinner, even tho its cheap as chips (pardon the pun)

Gnocchi baked in tomato, chilli and garlic and parmesan topping, garlic bread. *breathes on people*

Last night we went out for pub food and I had chicken pie and a celebratory pint of cider (which I finished only half of...I've become a total lightweight).
It was ok, but I think I make better pie :D
Tonight I don't know but all this talk of curry is making me drool...most especially the butternut spinach and coconut curry - do you have a recipe sheo?

Back
Top Bottom