Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

:) oops

Eta:
Judge Arthur Engoron ordered the outside watchdog for the Trump Organization as he presides over a lawsuit in which the New York attorney general, Letitia James, alleges Trump and the company routinely misled banks and others about the value of prized assets, including golf courses and hotels bearing his name.

James’ office says the Trump Organization is continuing to engage in fraud and has taken steps to dodge potential penalties from the lawsuit, such as incorporating a new entity in Delaware named Trump Organization LLC almost identical to the original company’s name in September, just before the lawsuit was filed.

Last edited:
I think what's ultimately breathtaking about Trump is that if he hadn't got involved with the presidency, he'd have gone to his grave in a few years having had a very nice life doing nothing but scamming people on a monumental scale, with no real consequences.
Where's the fun in that?

Was that the palms a rustling?
Or the Federal Agents at the gate?
Or Donnie's classified papers being shredded crate by crate?
They won't forget old Donnie (Donnie).
And he drove the fastest golfcart in the West!

Last edited:
The republican tops have been keen to move on from Trump for ages. They don't really get to decide though. If his support holds up in the wider electorate and he stays out of jail or whatever, it doesn't matter how hard they stan De Santis
This is their problem, though. His support holds up in Republican circles but his supporters do badly in elections that include everyone.

We'll see how the final results tot up in the mid-terms, but it looks likely the Senate will remain Dem, just, and the House of Reps will turn red, just. But with Trump's squad specifically doing badly. That's got to hurt his appeal in Republican circles. He's picking losers.

This is their problem, though. His support holds up in Republican circles but his supporters do badly in elections that include everyone.
I know - tbh I think this has always been the case. I reckon almost any of the other possible republican candidates in 2016 would have won more convincingly than Trump. The republican base love him though, and I don't know whether his picks turning out to be toxic to the general public will change that. Nothing else seems to have done.

Hilary, probably. They’re that tone deaf.
I dunno I suspect that the Dems will play safe and stick with the tried and trusted formula of a rich white guy. The idea of Kamala running is a cool one but considering the meltdown a black man in the WH gave some people, I'd imagine a black woman would cause even more of a ruckus. I don't think the US is ready for less discrimination at the top yet.

I imagine there must be some serious discussions going on amongst the Rupublican leadership at the moment. If Trump runs, I would imagine the nomination is a cinch only to go on and lose the election. They've created a monster they can't control.

I don't see any way Trump wins in 2024 if he runs. Sure he has hard-core supporters, but he has equally hard-core opposers, and he'll bring them all out to vote against him again.

Part of me is horrified by the prospect of him running, but another part would rather enjoy seeing him lose again. Would be dangerous for the US, mind. No good would come of it other than (bucket-loads of) schadenfreude.

I'm often wrong about these things, but my bet would be that Trump won't run in the end. Bit like Johnson didn't have his 100 backers despite the bluster, Trump will know that he won't win and won't want to lose again.

similar i'd like to see the GOP give in an use him on their ticket to ensure they lost the next election

but trumps reaction to DeSantis is a bit of a give away

he could win for the Republicans as it stands atm

This could well mark the fall of the barbarian Trump clique and the rise of the barbarian DeSantis clique. I suspect the Republican members still love Trump, but the elites in the party will see his approved candidates flopping and think a more viable barbarian is needed

I dunno I suspect that the Dems will play safe and stick with the tried and trusted formula of a rich white guy. The idea of Kamala running is a cool one but considering the meltdown a black man in the WH gave some people, I'd imagine a black woman would cause even more of a ruckus. I don't think the US is ready for less discrimination at the top yet.

The thing about this though is that it seems a surprisingly large number of voters switched from Obama to Trump rather than falling into line with Clinton and then Biden. You can interpret that as the electorate being even more misogynist than racist of course but I'd suggest it's more that a charismatic candidate with a good story can swing enough votes. I don't see why in principle that couldn't be a black woman for all that there'd be plenty of fury - most of those people are furious about any sort of Democrat leader anyway.

Back
Top Bottom