Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

I think Nixon came closest but jumped before he was pushed.

So by holding the trial in the senate after the transition to Biden has been completed, they’ve removed the obvious escape route Trump might’ve made use of?

So what would be the consequences for Trump if the senate does convict him? Not removal from office as he’ll already have finished his term. Disqualification from holding public office has been tacked on as a side issue and probably will pass as it only needs a simple majority. But the main item on the charge sheet - if that does somehow pass will Trump see the inside of a cell? Get a large fine? Or just suffer a stain on his reputation (why should he worry)?

Last edited:
So by holding the trial in the senate after the transition to Biden has been completed, they’ve removed the obvious escape route Trump might’ve made use of?

So what would be the consequences for Trump if the senate does convict him? Not removal from office as he’ll already have finished his term. Disqualification from holding public office has been tacked on as a side issue and probably will pass as it only needs a simple majority. But the main item on the charge sheet - if that does somehow pass will Trump see the inside of a cell? Get a large fine? Or just suffer a stain on him reputation (why should he worry)?

It's not a criminal trial, so there's no jail or fine. The main point seems to be reputational - his full title will be "disgraced former president Trump".

He'll still retain a lot of support among his base, but reputation where it counts is already in tatters and this would be the final nail in the coffin. No banks will lend ever again on the strength of "brand Trump" and we know he has a serious amount of money in loans being called in over the next few years.

Equally importantly, there has seemed to be an uneasiness about going after Trump on the various charges that the Mueller enquiry clearly laid out were possible were he not the sitting president. Seeking legal retribution against an outgoing president not considered a good look and an uncomfortable precedent for Biden and any future holders of the top office.

The bar for that precedent gets set much higher if Trump has been convicted in the senate - "we only seek legal retribution against presidents who've been booted out on their arse."

Similar situation regarding the potential New York state charges being mooted for tax fiddling and other financial irregularities. Making him "disgraced former" is a green light to go after him for everything.

Surely he can be shot while trying to escape or accidentally fall from the transfer helicopter?
I cannot see him sitting drunk and inconsolable in The Lincoln Sitting-Room contemplating suicide, repeating ‘what have I done?’ like Richard Nixon was before his resignation in 1974. So much so that Alexander Haigh had the Secret Service check the desk drawers for a gun.

Reactions: tim
I cannot see him sitting drunk and inconsolable in The Lincoln Sitting-Room contemplating suicide, repeating ‘what have I done?’ like Richard Nixon was before his resignation in 1974. So much so that Alexander Haigh had the Secret Service check the desk drawers for a gun.
This time they'd have to rummage round the capacious Presidential drawers.

A solemn Don Condemning the capital calamity, even though both sides are as bad as each other and pleading to get his Twitter account back

I can imagine him sitting in the Lincoln Sitting Room going "what did I come in here for? I'm sure there was something..."

Snapchat has now also permanently banned Trump - at this point, it seems a little like kicking him when he's down, which I fully endorse, maybe editor should permanently ban Trump from Urban75 and send out a press release.

Pity one of his bodyguards hasn't got something terminal and then decides to go out in a blaze of glory and give donnie a case of lead poisoning on the way ...

Snapchat has now also permanently banned Trump - at this point, it seems a little like kicking him when he's down, which I fully endorse, maybe editor should permanently ban Trump from Urban75 and send out a press release.

I thought he already did last month. Can’t remember what username Trump used around here. I think it started with M..,

Pity one of his bodyguards hasn't got something terminal and then decides to go out in a blaze of glory and give donnie a case of lead poisoning on the way ...

Given the sympathies of the police and military, I think this would be a greater risk for Biden. Not sure filling the Capitol with tens of thousands of troops ahead of the inauguration is the greatest idea, bound to be a few loons in the mix. Not looking good for the dems.

What an awful tragic tale.

Her crime was horrific. In 2004, Montgomery strangled a young woman, Bobbie Jo Stinnett, who was eight months pregnant. She then cut a baby girl from her womb, and attempted to pass her off as her own. The pain and suffering of Ms Stinnett’s family can barely be imagined. But the political context of this week’s execution, and overwhelming evidence of Montgomery’s longstanding mental illness, suggests a gross miscarriage of justice has taken place.
Throughout her childhood, Montgomery was gang-raped by her alcoholic stepfather and his friends, in a cabin built for that purpose. She was physically tortured in myriad ways by both parents. Social workers and doctors failed to intervene. A consultant to her legal team said Montgomery was “profoundly mentally ill as a result of a lifetime of torture and sexual violence. Lisa is not the worst of the worst – she is the most broken of the broken.”

Back
Top Bottom