Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Why are you suggersting that I or others "google Jean Monet "to disprove a statement by Donald Trump that I posted commenting about his deranged press conference? I know it's silly and I posted it with the assumption that others would know it's silly.

Are you some crazed Europhile, a self-appointed member of the Brussells inquisition, sniffing out perceived heresy regardless of the clumsily nuanced context in which you found it?

Do you assume that others here are stupider than you?
Not at all. I took your suggestion that the EEC was created to expploit the USA at face value - and that notion is simply bonkers. And no, I'm nounconditional lover of the useful-but-neoliberal EU, for all that Brexit is equally bonkers
E2A: I now see you were being facetious, which i completely missed at the time - my bad, apologies.

Tell me about it. I criticised the EU for half-arsing their attempts at reigning in tax dodgers, and a small bunch of people piped up with "But Britain is worse!". As if I didn't fucking know that already!
tbf a) not one country has done well on that, and b) you would need a concerted, co-ordinated programme by the 40 wealthiest nations, acting together.

From a couple of days ago in The Guardian :

Guardian headline said:
Trump consults Bush torture lawyer on how to skirt law and rule by decree
  • John Yoo wrote memo used to justify waterboarding
  • Trump keen to use executive orders and circumvent Congress
Check the article and Google for John Yoo's background :hmm:, but it's really easily believable that Trump would try to do this shit ..... and more .......

Julian Borger said:
The Trump administration has been consulting the former government lawyer who wrote the legal justification for waterboarding on how the president might try to rule by decree.
In a Fox News Sunday interview, Trump declared he would try to use that interpretation to try to force through decrees on healthcare, immigration and “various other plans” over the coming month.
:facepalm:

Not sure if it was today (and not sure it's been mentioned already) but it was recently - the Cheeto Benito wished Ghislaine Maxwell well, but is unable to state that black lives matter.

How well is this use of federal agents going to play with his base? Thought a fair few were FEMA camp obsessives not so long ago, though don't suppose consistency is the top defining feature of their politics.
He's only sending them to "liberal" cities.

Yes, you feel that ought to be enough but maybe there's a significant enough minority who are semi-serious at least about the constitution.
I don't believe that many of his base care or know about the constitution. Trump is already using footage of the protesters in his re-election propaganda. Only Trump and his goons can save America from these "professional anarchists", while the liberal mayors and governors stand idly by.

I don't believe that many of his base care or know about the constitution. Trump is already using footage of the protesters in his re-election propaganda. Only Trump and his goons can save America from these "professional anarchists", while the liberal mayors and governors stand idly by.
The headbangers were always a lost cause but might peel off a few more conservatives similar to that Lincoln Project lot.

Not sure if it was today (and not sure it's been mentioned already) but it was recently - the Cheeto Benito wished Ghislaine Maxwell well, but is unable to state that black lives matter.

With Trump, Maxwell, Windsor etc, it's more like sex lives matter.

Apart from their victims, that is.

Ugh, and that will play very well with his support base. Never mind that he inflamed this shit in the first place

JimW - I think the militia types have proved that, unsurprisingly, it's only if the government were to 'oppress' them (ie tighten gun laws) that they'd actually do anything.

How well is this use of federal agents going to play with his base? Thought a fair few were FEMA camp obsessives not so long ago, though don't suppose consistency is the top defining feature of their politics.
rand paul - credit where it's due - has already spoken out against this
e2a: for all that he's a complete nutter in every other siginificant regard

Last edited:
Tomorrow, a Pepto Bismol-colored bus emblazoned with the words “Women For Trump 2020” will make its way through the state of New Hampshire, led by Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law and staffed with women who have long been voices in the conservative movement.

These women, and others within the state, will spend much of their day advocating on behalf of the most openly misogynistic president in the history of the United States.

In typical Donald Trump fashion, the “Women’s” tour was announced by a former male staffer, Corey Lewandowski, who has been caught on security video manhandling a female reporter. In March of 2016 Lewandowski roughly grabbed and yanked that female reporter working for a conservative news outlet

I shouldn't be finding someone going through the process of losing their faculties amusing... but it couldn't happen to a nicer guy... :mad:

Of course, his condition will eventually be used by his apologists one day, in order to justify the massive dump he took on not just the American people, but all of us.

Back
Top Bottom