Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Tbh, I expect Trump's business interest in it is coincidental, I think his recommendation is more about wanting to be the Big Hero and Saving the Day whilst not giving a fuck about whether he might be endangering people in the process.

Tbh, I expect Trump's business interest in it is coincidental, I think his recommendation is more about wanting to be the Big Hero and Saving the Day whilst not giving a fuck about whether he might be endangering people in the process.

perhaps, but then there is stuff like this:

So he's fired the watchdog overseeing the $2 trillion bailout package. This is madness. Reposting this comment from reddit :

"This is the most damaging and openly corrupt act he has taken in office and that is an extremely high bar. He just created a multi trillion dollar slush fund to bail out his donors, starve out their competitors, save his distressed properties, and perhaps even get Deutsche off his back. And the very act of doing this has now made the second relief bill, which is now clearly needed and market rally was anticipating, functionally dead. Why would the Dems give him another blank check for hundreds of billions after he just made clear this is a full kleptocracy? "

Not coincidental at all. Novartis - the maker of the medicine he is advising people to take because they've got nothing to lose - paid 1.2 million dollars to Michael Cohen for access to Trump.

That said, there is no doubt he wants to be a big hero too.

He makes me feel so hopeless, can't imagine how he makes you lot feel.

I'm not sure "hopeless" is the rights word. "Furious", "frustrated", "sad", and "a bit scared" might cover it. I alternate between two ideas: 1) run away where no one will find me, which is actually an option for me; or 2) get a white van with some political stickers on it and a 50 cal sniper rifle and head to Washington, DC to try my luck. Then, sense prevails and I go to work and get on with it.

Presume that was related to the Wisconsin Democratic primary where Republican judges made them hold it as normal this week. Still, Trump says he has no plans on canceling the Republican convention...so it might balance up in the end

Trump gets told off by WHO

“At the end of the day, the people belong to all political parties. The focus of all political parties should be to save their people, please do not politicize this virus,” Tedros said in a fiery address Wednesday. He called for unity across the globe, saying the virus will exploit cracks in political parties, religious groups or between different nations to spread even more widely. “If you want to be exploited and if you want to have many more body bags, then you do it. If you don’t want many more body bags, then you refrain from politicizing it,” he said.

Tedros said the focus of all political parties should be to save their people.

Without unity, even more developed nations will face “more trouble and more crisis,” he said. “No need to use COVID to score political points. No need. You have many other ways to prove yourselves.”

Canada is doing the "unity" thing :)

So, another 4 years? :(

he has to lose by more than he did last time, but the number of votes that would have to swing is only in the tens of thousands. this time there's a bunch of campaign pros who are ex-republicans and just as bloody-minded as he is and are already stockpiling tape and producing stuff that's running over here (or was, before the c-virus made it temporarily unseemly). yeah he could wind up back in the white house, but he could also lose and the path there isn't hard to see.

It reads like he's just fed up of all this real world difficult stuff (what with the 15,000 deaths and all instead of the zero cases he predicted a few weeks ago) and has stomped off to his room to play with his toys. Can he even golf right now?

Last edited:
Nobody's going to be mining anything on the moon in Trump's lifetime, he's just throwing his supporters a bone by thumbing his nose at an international treaty and conjuring up visions of hardworking West Virginia coal miners having lucrative jobs on the moon - next he'll declare that the Endangered Species Act will not apply to hostile aliens from outer space.

It reads like he's just fed up of all this real world difficult stuff (what with the 15,000 deaths and all instead of the zero cases he predicted a few weeks ago) and has stomped off to his room to play with his toys. Can he even golf right now?

Back
Top Bottom