Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

He's now started playing what are little more than campaign ads during White House press briefings. Made 'in-house'. Now, I don't know the rules, but instinct and the line of questioning lead me to think that's not allowed.

:D

I guess certain media broadcast earlier in the year doesn’t age very well.

Weird how Trump seems to think there are still undecided voters watching his press conference, so he needs to direct his campaign team to come up with videos retconning his pandemic response - surely anybody watching is either doing so out of morbid fascination or is already so far down the Trump hole that they're definitely voting for him in November unless the coronavirus kills them first.

I think it might just be his showman's instincts taking over - he's very proud of the ratings and he wants to keep them high by introducing new elements, Dr. Fauci will probably be pushed out to make room for a musical guest by this time next week.

I think it might just be his showman's instincts taking over - he's very proud of the ratings and he wants to keep them high by introducing new elements, Dr. Fauci will probably be pushed out to make room for a musical guest by this time next week.
Maybe it'll be you the viewers at home who get to vote on whether Fauci gets fired or not, to be replaced by Ivanka, that might work too.

Rather obvious I’d have thought.

A lot of the media earlier in the year were playing down the coronavirus. Some of them opined that Trump was being racist for stopping flights to China iirc.
Oh. That seems remarkably similar to what Trump is claiming :hmm:.

And weirdly alien to my perception of what the media has been doing, pretty much all along.

Media, in general, aren't big on "playing things down". Usually to the point of being quite annoying about it.

I call bullshit.

A lot of the media earlier in the year were playing down the coronavirus.

No he's got a good point here - Fox News for example reckoned it was all a scam. Lots of other right wing sources still think it is.

Some of them opined that Trump was being racist for stopping flights to China iirc.

strange that he didn't stop flights to Europe at the same time though. I've read most of their cv cases have come via europe. I wonder why that was. :confused:

A lot of the media earlier in the year were playing down the coronavirus. Some of them opined that Trump was being racist for stopping flights to China iirc.

Trump stopped travelers from a country taking strong anti-coronavirus measures after it had already quarantined the city at the center of the outbreak. He then ranted about building the border wall higher to stop the virus arriving from Mexico, but didn't act to stop infected travelers arriving from Italy, Britain, etc.

The border closure is still the part of his response he likes to boast about the most, though the number of infections it prevented probably isn't much higher than zero.

Batshit crazy. He's grieving over the criticisms, not the dead and still the Trump death cult applauds him.

And his insistence on calling it the Chinese or Wuhan virus. Dog whistles, much?

Oh. That seems remarkably similar to what Trump is claiming :hmm:.

And weirdly alien to my perception of what the media has been doing, pretty much all along.

Media, in general, aren't big on "playing things down". Usually to the point of being quite annoying about it.

I call bullshit.

They are now.

They weren’t then - I guess that’s what Trump was playing at the WH, to prove a point.

Anyway, no wonder CNN isn’t happy, imagine being a CNN journalist at WH presser and having to watch your own hypocritical cable news reporting off earlier in the year.

They are now.

They weren’t then - I guess that’s what Trump was playing at the WH, to prove a point.

Anyway, no wonder CNN isn’t happy, imagine being a CNN journalist at WH presser and having to watch your own hypocritical cable news reporting off earlier in the year.
You know, the only thing you prove when you make posts like this is the awesome power of self-delusion.

trump's new press secretary

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fbe017101-e9f8-4380-bd1f-fb0346a5b91b_719x387.jpeg

He's comparing himself to Captain Bligh in the "Mutiny on the Bounty" movie.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!
3:57 PM · Apr 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

Does he not remember that the mutineers cast Captain Bligh was cast adrift in a rowing boat. I doubt Trump has Bligh's navigational skills.

Still he's a funny old fucker and I don't live in the USA.

They are now.

Reactions: Ax^
Maybe it'll be you the viewers at home who get to vote on whether Fauci gets fired or not, to be replaced by Ivanka, that might work too.

Speaking of viewers - are Trumps WH coronavirus pressers still the most watched TV in America?

He's comparing himself to Captain Bligh in the "Mutiny on the Bounty" movie.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!
3:57 PM · Apr 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

Does he not remember that the mutineers cast Captain Bligh was cast adrift in a rowing boat. I doubt Trump has Bligh's navigational skills.

Still he's a funny old fucker and I don't live in the USA.

Either he hasn't seen it or he's misremembering it very badly. :D

Speaking of viewers - are Trumps WH coronavirus pressers still the most watched TV in America?

And the daily update from the Canadian prime minister's are probably the most watched, as well.
I would imagine the speeches from the top WHO doctor are widely watched.
So, I'm not getting your point.

People tune in for information. They are looking for guidance.
Sadly, the only thing Trump gives are rally speeches.

And the daily update from the Canadian prime minister's are probably the most watched, as well.
I would imagine the speeches from the top WHO doctor are widely watched.
So, I'm not getting your point.

People tune in for information. They are looking for guidance.
Sadly, the only thing Trump gives are rally speeches.

Trump is such a total sociopath - he holds briefings during a national emergency, spends most of the time boasting about himself, then boasts afterwards about getting high ratings. But I guess it's to be expected - being a reality TV host was the only job he was ever any good at.

Back
Top Bottom