Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Navy Reviewing Wearing of Trump Patches Aboard Ship

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Navy says it is reviewing whether service members violated Defense Department policy or regulations by wearing a uniform patch with the words “Make Aircrews Great Again” during President Donald Trump’s visit to their ship in Japan.

The phrase emblazoned on the patch, along with a likeness of Trump, is a play on his campaign slogan.

The military has uniform dress codes and regulations against partisan political acts while in uniform.

In a brief statement Tuesday, the Navy said only that the matter was under review by Navy leadership to ensure that the wearing of the patches did not violate policy or regulations.

Trump visited the USS Wasp assault ship on Tuesday before returning to Washington from four days in Japan.

More pressure - good!

Federal prosecutors demand Cindy Yang records from Mar-a-Lago, Trump campaign

Federal prosecutors in Washington, D.C., this week sent subpoenas to Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s private club in Palm Beach, and Trump Victory, a political fundraising committee, demanding they turn over all records relating to Republican Party donor Li “Cindy” Yang and several of her associates and companies, the Miami Herald has learned.

Yang, a South Florida massage-parlor entrepreneur, is the target of a public corruption investigation seeking to determine if she funneled money from China to the president’s re-election campaign or otherwise violated campaign-finance laws. She became a GOP donor in the 2016 election cycle and opened a consulting company that promised Chinese businesspeople the chance to attend events at Mar-a-Lago and gain access to Trump and his inner circle. Some of those events were campaign fundraisers that required guests to buy tickets for entry, payments that are considered political contributions. Foreign nationals are prohibited from donating to U.S. political campaigns.

Just a wee reminder - if/when Impeachment proceeding start for Trump, more eyes will be on VP Pence - and you'll see his fundy Christian beliefs knitted into nearly all the bananas policies that Trump/GOP have announced recently.

Special Report: As Trump rewrites health rules, Pence sees conservative agenda born again - Reuters

In a sweeping social policy shift, the Trump administration is seeking to remake health rules at home and abroad for women, gay and transgender people, restricting access to abortion, curtailing support for contraception and narrowing the scope of civil rights in healthcare.
Under the direction of two secretaries recommended by Pence, the Department of Health and Human Services has moved to slash funds from teen pregnancy-prevention programs, curb abortion both in the United States and abroad and strip civil protections for transgender patients.
A cadre of religious conservatives appointed in the early days of the administration is driving the changes, largely from within HHS, which administers most government health programs, along with the State Department and White House. Many appointees come from religious and conservative groups, some of whom regularly protested outside abortion clinics during the Obama years.
The campaign has been more successful abroad. Pompeo in March held a rare news conference to say the administration was strengthening an effort to combat abortion globally. “We’re determined to make sure that we don’t allow taxpayers’ dollars to get to those places,” he said, citing groups performing or referring abortions, and announcing a cut in funds to Latin America.
“Pence’s influence has come from … getting people who have the same worldview as Pence in key positions at things you care about and then trusting them to make decisions,” said Paul Winfree, who served as deputy director of the White House Domestic Policy Council under Trump and is now at the conservative Heritage Foundation think tank.
In the Trump White House, Pence serves as a chief advocate for religious conservatives, making sure they have a voice in policy-making. While he does not always have a hand in specific policies, Pence’s ardent support has empowered the administration’s religious conservatives to action.

Pence's conservatism and the general culture wars vibe of these pricks is likely to keep more conservatives on side for Trump than the mad king himself.

I can't even begin to understand how angry those people might be.

Fuck Trump. Fuck the evil cunt and his empire of cunts who facilitate him and his awful politics.

Yeah, I know, it's like pissing in the wind, but it makes me feel slightly better just for a moment.

I can't believe there hasn't been a terrible disease outbreak yet. Jesus, those places are a hazard to communities their in never mind the poor people locked up in them.

Donald Trump calls Duchess of Sussex ‘nasty’ ahead of U.K. visit, calls Boris Johnson ‘excellent’

President Donald Trump is weighing in on the United Kingdom’s political maelstrom days before his state visit, saying Boris Johnson would be an “excellent” prime minister and calling Meghan Markle “nasty.”

Trump is also calling the American-born Duchess of Sussex “nasty” over comments she made in 2016 threatening to move to Canada if Trump won the White House.

I can't believe there hasn't been a terrible disease outbreak yet. Jesus, those places are a hazard to communities their in never mind the poor people locked up in them.
There have been some reports, but I don't think the public will every hear the worse of what happens in the internment centres, including if there are outbreaks of disease. We're not supposed to know about the overcrowding, or the sexual abuse, or the children who've died, either. But it's hard to keep stuff leaking out.

This is happening because the Border Patrol has shut off nearly all legal ports of entry for asylum-seekers where they would have claimed asylum and either be detained or more often released and monitored until their case was heard in court. Now, the only option, unless you have the resources to fly into an airport or possibly arrive by boat, is to take the overland route and cross the border somewhere other than a designated crossing, with all the risks involved.

I know Godwin's law and all that (although the guy it's named for said it's perfectly okay to apply it to anything related to Trump!) but as with this situ, most Germans knew what was happening to Jewish people - the conditions in ghettos, that people were moved vast distances from their homes, that the train cars packed like cattle were going "somewhere" not likely to be very nice, and many knew damned well what was happening in concentration camps and the gas chambers. I find it hard to believe anyone in America isn't aware this is happening, unless they are willfully ignoring it. Some are trying to help - pro bono legal help, undercover reports, leaving water in the desert, etc., and putting themselves at risk while doing it. I get that some may be appalled but have no idea what to do, but I think most either aren't bothered about it, or sadly, think it's brilliant - perhaps wishing they were even more harsh.

I'm sure I remember as a kid seeing reports on the news of human rights violations in other countries, politicians would speak out, maybe put political pressure on the countries responsible. Charities would ask for donations to help people and often, those fleeing would be accepted as refugees in America. But now . . . :(

Then this happened:

61601219_10157436447978586_821149312649003008_n.jpg

One of Trump's supporting Twitter accounts posts a video to prove he wasn't saying nasty, even though the video has him saying exactly that.

After the first forty of so comments on Trump's tweet, the rest say "this Tweet is unavailable." Huh? :confused:
I only really lurk on Twitter, but I've seen this on a lot of posts lately. I have no idea why - I don't think I blocked thousands of people or anything. Do you know what the deal is?

Not Trump per se, but someone doing in behalf of him, and he did retweet the video so . . .

We Found The Guy Behind the Viral ‘Drunk Pelosi’ Video

The video was an instant social media smash, surging through the internet’s well-worn ley lines of credulity and venom. It was shared more than 60,000 times on Facebook and accumulated 4 million page views from links. “Drunk as a skunk,” mused actor turned alt-right curmudgeon James Woods, whose tweet of the video scored 17,000 retweets and 55,000 likes. “What is wrong with Nancy Pelosi?”, wrote Rudy Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, in a tweet linking to the AllNews 24/7 post. “Her speech pattern is bizarre.”
Brooks, a 34-year-old day laborer currently on probation after pleading guilty to domestic battery, claims that his “drunk” commentary on an unaltered Pelosi video had no connection to the now-infamous fake clip that premiered less than 15 minutes later. “I wasn't the individual who created that Pelosi video,” he insisted in a telephone interview. It’s conceivable that someone else actually edited the clip. But a Facebook official, confirming a Daily Beast investigation, said the video was first posted on Politics WatchDog directly from Brooks’ personal Facebook account.
In the first hint at a possible motive for the Pelosi smear, Brooks volunteered that the video brought in nearly $1,000 in shared ad revenue. That number would have been higher, he said, except that Facebook cut off any future earnings when the company’s fact-check partners ruled the clip a hoax about 36 hours after its Politics WatchDog debut. “It makes money for Facebook too,” he groused. “I'm sure that's their motive for not taking it down."

Back
Top Bottom