Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What new foods have you tried recently?

How are they price wise? I love Morning Glory but it's stupidly expensive and I assume it's similar. One day I'll treat myself.
So I went back yesterday and bought some more, they were £2.99 for a bunch, which is enough for two meals so not too bad. I also got some in kimchi which were really good, although very strong.

I've just made patatas al pobre for the first time. Simple, easy and delicious.

Thin slices of onion, potato, and sweet peppers. A little crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Cooked in olive oil, on medium low, stirred from time to time until cooked.

In future I'll add two or three chopped tomatoes, and, for me, some chorizo.

Just had a bottle of Comte de Sennaval champagne. It's recommended as a good one by Good Housekeeping. It's ok. Not a Veuve Cliquot, but I can get three bottles of this for one Veuve.

Sweet and sour pork balls from my local takeaway

Normally I hit the chicken ,although I do like the king prawn , but then the next day leftovers meal worry me

Half of the porkers have gone in the bin, ......that's a never again ...it just tasted.....wrong

Thin slices of onion, potato, and sweet peppers. A little crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Cooked in olive oil, on medium low, stirred from time to time until cooked.

I love poor mans potatoes ☺️

I usually add a glug of white wine vinegar or just white wine. When my Dad was alive he spent a lot of time in Spain and used to cook it so it brings back happy memories. It’s annoying how unusual it is to have it served when eating out in Spain. I’ve had it as a side with a few menu de Dias but it’s never advertised so you don’t know your getting it.

I usually add a glug of white wine vinegar or just white wine. When my Dad was alive he spent a lot of time in Spain and used to cook it so it brings back happy memories. It’s annoying how unusual it is to have it served when eating out in Spain. I’ve had it as a side with a few menu de Dias but it’s never advertised so you don’t know your getting it.
It’s a shame, isn’t it? Cheap, filling and tasty. What more could you want?

Reactions: ash
It's the small things in life at the moment, isn't it? Today I am happy because I have finally found some square sourdough bread. Round bread is all very well but I don't like unequal slices. And sourdough makes excellent toast, or would do if it was square.

Anyway, here it is, in M&S, 3 different varieties, there's even a craft beer one.

View attachment 254205
Not useful to the vast majority of people (even assuming they're actually open right now), but the small bakery chain "Fabrique" does a really, really awesome square sourdough in a "Mr. Toast" (with rye) and "Mrs. Toast" (all wheat) variety. It's ludicrously expensive for bread, but cheap in the grand scheme of things. And OMG is it tasty in the toaster with butter.

Edit: I got it wrong. Both have rye (and oats, and barley), but Mrs. Toast is 60% rye while the Mister is quite a bit less.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom