Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What new foods have you tried recently?

I produced tens of kilos of cucurbits this summer.
The Italian heirloom courgettes were amazing, but the spaghetti squashes I grew are very nice too - although they're a bit wasteful in cooking because you need to put the slices in boiling water to loosen the skin - so I tend to only have them when I'm also having boiled potatoes... those who do washing up could use the hot water that way .. I suppose I might pour the hot water into a container and warm the room I live in ...

Image of a Cadbury's Cherry Ripe chocolate bar

Basically a cherry-flavoured dark chocolate bounty. Definitely going to bring some of these home with me.

Avjar: A sauce/spread made with roasted red peppers. Got it from a Turkish shop so am guessing it's from there. Had it in a sandwich - very tasty. Would probably work well as a pasta sauce too.

Filhos - Portuguese fried dough ( a bit like churros) sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. I see this old couple at a local market always large queues which has put me off bothering . However this morning I spotted that there were only five or six people in the queue so joined it . The reason why the queue is so long is that , as good as these filhos are , this couple take ages, god bless them . Anyway 4 for 4 euros 80 cents .

44342FEC-2960-45C5-8854-A23B04ED3065.jpeg1B94D318-1A7B-408F-A5B9-6851BD9F75A5.jpeg

Filhos - Portuguese fried dough ( a bit like churros) sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. I see this old couple at a local market always large queues which has put me off bothering . However this morning I spotted that there were only five or six people in the queue so joined it . The reason why the queue is so long is that , as good as these filhos are , this couple take ages, god bless them . Anyway 4 for 4 euros 80 cents .

View attachment 354106View attachment 354107
And? Nice?

I imagined you were younger than that.

View attachment 354106View attachment 354107

Had freekeh (Moroccan cracked wheat) for the first time t'other day. Followed a recipe and had it as an omelette filling with onion, feta and olives. Quite liked it. It reminded me of brown rice, though not as tasty, to my mind. Anyone got any better ideas how to use it?

Had freekeh (Moroccan cracked wheat) for the first time t'other day. Followed a recipe and had it as an omelette filling with onion, feta and olives. Quite liked it. It reminded me of brown rice, though not as tasty, to my mind. Anyone got any better ideas how to use it?

No, but you've reminded me I've pack in the cupboard I bought to try and never used. :D

Back
Top Bottom