Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What new foods have you tried recently?

We had beer flavoured Lay's. I might have posted it here actually. They were awful too 😁

Someone told me they’re related to the tomato family but I think they might have been lying

The Chinese name for tomato means red western persimmon (sharon are a variety of persimmon). They're not from the tomato family but that might explain the rumour!

I also now fancy making a carrot cake and having cream cheese frosting on it :oops:
There is a knack to making cream cheese frosting which I only learnt last year after many many failures. Normally when you're making icing you beat it and beat it to try and fluff it up more, but this fails horribly if you do it with cream cheese, butter and icing sugar - it separates out. Basically you have to beat the icing sugar and butter together, and then only beat the cream cheese in enough to combine them.

There is a knack to making cream cheese frosting which I only learnt last year after many many failures. Normally when you're making icing you beat it and beat it to try and fluff it up more, but this fails horribly if you do it with cream cheese, butter and icing sugar - it separates out. Basically you have to beat the icing sugar and butter together, and then only beat the cream cheese in enough to combine them.

Ah thank you for the tip! Will make a note for when I get round to making some, much appreciated ❤️

I tried Violife again.

This time it had the words “EPIC!!” and “MATURE” printed on the packaging. I thought ‘they probably haven’t cracked it, but these are bold claims’.

So I bought it.

When I tried it I couldn’t help but laugh out loud at my own gullibility. It was something like a congealed oil and starch mix that had been very lightly rubbed with a slice of out of date Dairylea.

Well played, Violife. :D

I tried Violife again.

This time it had the words “EPIC!!” and “MATURE” printed on the packaging. I thought ‘they probably haven’t cracked it, but these are bold claims’.

So I bought it.

When I tried it I couldn’t help but laugh out loud at my own gullibility. It was something like a congealed oil and starch mix that had been very lightly rubbed with a slice of out of date Dairylea.

And you got up at 4.30 to eat it, too. Impressive.

I tried Violife again.

So I bought it.

Oh yeah. I don't even pick up the vegan cheeses anymore to inspect them, just give the shelf one look and move on. I just don't understand why good vegan cheese doesn't make it to supermarket shelves. Cashew cheese is very good and I've had one instance of great vegan cheese on a pizza when eating out (whatever it was made of).

I'm smoking cheese again. Different way this time. Tasted great straight after the smoke, hopefully even better when fully matured.

Back
Top Bottom