Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What new foods have you tried recently?

Thai/Holly Basil. I've been cooking a flavourful pork mice for years as a quick week night meal, inspired by Kra Pow but never actually got my hands on the correct herb. Found some in Win Yip at the weekend. It was really nice, toned down my other flavours a bit to really let it shine.

I had a honey pomelo. The one I had was like a giant, drier, less bitter version of a grapefruit. I rate it 5. Would eat again. The other half is in the fridge.
I love them. We nicknamed them babies heads because the first ones we had, in Sudan, were as big as a babies head. We didn't know the Sudanese name for them.

Thai/Holly Basil. I've been cooking a flavourful pork mice for years as a quick week night meal, inspired by Kra Pow but never actually got my hands on the correct herb. Found some in Win Yip at the weekend. It was really nice, toned down my other flavours a bit to really let it shine.

I've just reread it, it's pork mice that you use, not dormice.

Used in ayurveda - I think it's supposed to be a cure for everything that buffalo dung, milk and urine won't fix.
I bought some ground a while back - can't remember why - probably to promote dreams / visions ...

Back
Top Bottom