Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you panic buying?

I got mine from Argos in the end - kept checking the website everyday till they had one available on click and collect at Sainsburys - then had to wait a week for it. Just took the first available set that looked half decent.
Darn, Argos was my cunning plan, at the moment they are all "limited stock" and none near me. Can they really not ship from other than my local stores? Grr

Darn, Argos was my cunning plan, at the moment they are all "limited stock" and none near me. Can they really not ship from other than my local stores? Grr
Like I said, just keep checking the website. PITA, I know, but eventually I was lucky. It would help if their website listed stuff that might be available locally in a week, rather than just 250 different types, that you have to click on to check if you have any chance of getting one.

Like I said, just keep checking the website. PITA, I know, but eventually I was lucky. It would help if their website listed stuff that might be available locally in a week, rather than just 250 different types, that you have to click on to check if you have any chance of getting one.
I think they should be able to post or ship from wherever has the item!

In the past I've either lounged on the sofa or lounged on the bed, and if I wanted to sit in a place for a while and do something, I'd generally go out or be in an office. But now I need to be able to sit down without lounging, and my research has revealed that there is a furniture solution for that called a "chair". I have no idea how I can get hold of one of these things though.

Have been partaking in a couple of solpadol (30mg codeine) of an evening lately, maybe every other day, had loads prescribed to me after an op a few years ago and then they gave me more about eighteen months ago when I got knocked off my bike so I had a nice stockpile but down to last strip now. Going to miss them. Make sleeping nice (rarely touched them pre lockdown cos trying to get up at six or whatever the next day is horrible)

So, last night I randomly checked the Tesco app for delivery slots. It was 9pm and I was being random. Got one for May 14th. Unbridled joy.

This morning I checked again at 10.05am. There were more new ones. Booked another for May 19th. (Because I haven't had one since March 24th and I then turned one down on April 7th on the foolish premise it was too far in the future. Never turning one down again).

Anyway, gf was on Teams to a student and we relayed the news immediately to her student, who has also not had a slot for weeks. There were no slots on hers, and the app didn't even go up past May 12th.

Localised much? We live about 12 miles apart, but her delivery (when she gets one) comes from a different store.

Moral of the story? Fuck knows. It all seems a bit random. Never turn down a slot though.

Online deliveries from Tesco seem to be impossible! In my parents area they don't do click+ collect, so I guess everyone is going for deliveries. Fortunately the good people in their home town seem less keen on Asda... so Asda it is..

Online deliveries from Tesco seem to be impossible! In my parents area they don't do click+ collect, so I guess everyone is going for deliveries. Fortunately the good people in their home town seem less keen on Asda... so Asda it is..

Them and Sainsburys I think you need to check just before/after 12 midnight. I did that on a Saturday night to get Tesco delivery (first one was three weeks ahead though, just took delivery on Sunday), and I checked the other night to see that Sainsburys for some reason had delivery slots throughout Wednesday. Sainsburys though I think you need to be registered on the government's vulnerable list.

Hmm, perhaps. Might look at Amazon again, I think they had stock.

I have a spare set somewhere, might have to dig them out and put on gumtree if there is demand at the moment! Think I could probably shift my spare non-smart static bike trainer too, opportunities for clutter-clearing!

Friday morning Tesco. Completely different experience to last week, no queue, no social distancing. Nobody on the door checking numbers. Public (obviously not all, but a lot) behaving like everything is back to normal, not following the one way system, not staying apart. People chatting in the aisles. People barging their way in front of others. Pretty depressing.

Forgot something so went to local co-op on the way home. Totally different to Tesco, staff on door making people queue. People respecting each other. That door policy makes a big difference by the look of things. People need to be told or reminded what to do, then it works. Store also stank of bleach, but that's a good thing.

Really not impressed by Tesco. In the car park, which is massive, they've blocked off the first 'lane' - there are about 12 lanes. People, on leaving, were even driving back up the no exit/no entry lane hoping for a gap in the cars to be able to nip into the second lane instead of driving around. Total assholes.

Last edited:
Weird how different branches of the same chain vary!
In some thread last night (?? :oops: ) I posted about how a small Tescos near us was the best in every respect for enforcing the one way system and distancing and queueing.
Whereas Sainsbury's (our usual) and also Lidls, are much better for providing hand sanitiser ....

Them and Sainsburys I think you need to check just before/after 12 midnight. I did that on a Saturday night to get Tesco delivery (first one was three weeks ahead though, just took delivery on Sunday), and I checked the other night to see that Sainsburys for some reason had delivery slots throughout Wednesday. Sainsburys though I think you need to be registered on the government's vulnerable list.

I've tried Tesco 3 nights on the trot before/after midnight - a couple times ended up in a queue until 12.10am at which time all the slots had gone. The other time the website seemed to crash. I also tried their app but no use... My parents will just have to get used to Asda..

Back
Top Bottom