Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you panic buying?

I went to the supermarket at 3pm today, there were no queues and the store wasn't too busy,

Plenty of bog roll, but all pasta and tins of tomatoes had sold out.

We make hot pepper sauce a LOT and also use dried in various dishes, where are you sourcing your dried chillies atm?

We are down to our last habanero and also running out of some milder smoky ones. (We are ok for Bhut Jolokia for the time being but stocks are in short supply for others!)
South Devon Chilli Farm.

Last edited:
We’ve run out of cheese (other than soft cheese). Also run out of pears, and of non-frozen broccoli.

Dont tell anyone but I was able to add one 50ml bottle of hand sanitiser to my Ocado order due next week.

I am feeling like a right Typhoid Mary here. I've used 12 blue gloves, and about 25ml of hand sanitiser since lockdown.

Quite a lot of soap, mind...

ETA: oh, 13 gloves. I blew one up for a profile pic somewhere.

think the bog roll crisis is largely over now - have noticed bog rolls on the shelves the last week or two, although most places still restrict the number of packs you can buy
I did a shop today as I has to pick up my prescription. No queue to get in. Carex, bog roll, fruit, veg all plentiful. Still no flour though.

Am having trouble getting eggs, I will have to go back tomorrow to see whether there has been a delivery :(
(I have more or less given up on ever having plain flour again)

Am having trouble getting eggs, I will have to go back tomorrow to see whether there has been a delivery :(

again may vary from one area to another, but where i am, sainsburys show no signs of having had any for weeks. small tesco and marks + spencer tend to have some more often than not (M+S do a fairly basic sort of eggs as well as fancy ones)

again may vary from one area to another, but where i am, sainsburys show no signs of having had any for weeks. small tesco and marks + spencer tend to have some more often than not (M+S do a fairly basic sort of eggs as well as fancy ones)

I think I was lulled into a false sense of security by well stocked eggness in Iceland a couple of weeks back, so of course I bought a load and ate them. I'm only going to shops within walking distance atm, not risking getting a bus anywhere. So 3 branches of Iceland, 1 Morrison's, 1 Co-op (I don't go there because often their veg is mouldy, I know this is an issue with our local branch rather than some sort of problem with the company in general) and a few independent shops.

But yeah not heading anywhere further afield right now that would require bus or tube (germ filled capsules the lot of them!)

3 branches of Iceland, 1 Morrison's, 1 Co-op

ah

can't speak for any of them

did pick something up on tweeter a day or two back, some place that's a bit of a fancy cafe / cake place normally is offering things like flour, eggs, pasta, rice and doing deliveries localish, but local in their case is deptford / greenwich, and they were offering deliveries within lewisham / greenwich boroughs or thereabouts (so mentioned it to mum-tat. may be worth seeing if there's anything similar local to you (i'm not sure exactly where you are but have a feeling you're :eek: north of the river...)

ah

can't speak for any of them

did pick something up on tweeter a day or two back, some place that's a bit of a fancy cafe / cake place normally is offering things like flour, eggs, pasta, rice and doing deliveries localish, but local in their case is deptford / greenwich, and they were offering deliveries within lewisham / greenwich boroughs or thereabouts (so mentioned it to mum-tat. may be worth seeing if there's anything similar local to you (i'm not sure exactly where you are but have a feeling you're :eek: north of the river...)

I am north of the river but only just - that only just is a lot when it involves the Blackwall or Rotherhithe tunnels however :D

Whitechapel Sainsbury's this morning. No queues. Not very many shoppers. Slowly getting back to 'normal' in the sense that there was some of most things, but obviously not variety. Some tinned goods had appeared. (Bit like the first bluebells of spring this). They included Sainsbury's own brand tinned meals so presumably people aren't actually eating their emergency stockpile :) Some tinned tomatoes but hardly any baked beans although that might just be a shelf stacking issue. Pretty large stocks of reduced to clear Easter eggs :D Anyhow that's me sorted for another week.

First Fruit and Veg stalls I've seen in Whitechapel Road since the lockdown started although that could well be because I'm going out early at the moment. Foot traffic much lighter than I've been seeing it at this hour. Whitechapel Road very few cars. Commercial Road by contrast busy and even a little backed up.

Houseguest: "Why have you bought 2 packs of plain flour and no self-raising?"

Me: " I'm going to let you think about that and then answer your own question."

Houseguest: "Oh. Because there wasn't any self-raising..."

Anyways, I have baking powder so we are now "floured up" and can carry on relieving the boredom by baking.

Whitechapel Sainsbury's this morning. No queues. Not very many shoppers. Slowly getting back to 'normal' in the sense that there was some of most things, but obviously not variety. Some tinned goods had appeared. (Bit like the first bluebells of spring this). They included Sainsbury's own brand tinned meals so presumably people aren't actually eating their emergency stockpile :) Some tinned tomatoes but hardly any baked beans although that might just be a shelf stacking issue. Pretty large stocks of reduced to clear Easter eggs :D Anyhow that's me sorted for another week.

First Fruit and Veg stalls I've seen in Whitechapel Road since the lockdown started although that could well be because I'm going out early at the moment. Foot traffic much lighter than I've been seeing it at this hour. Whitechapel Road very few cars. Commercial Road by contrast busy and even a little backed up.

Glad I'm not in London.
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, but there are eggs and tins in fact supermarkets been about 80 % stocked for the last couple of weeks, except for flour (though I got lucky on that last week)

Back
Top Bottom