Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weird sandwiches

My mum used to have the odd HP sauce sandwich.
Condensed milk sandwiches are also quite cheeky.
Peanut butter, banana, bacon & coleslaw is probably my ultimate favourite though.

I haven't read the whole thread because it's making me heave but has anyone mentioned chip butties yet? That's weird. And very wrong. Yuck.

Finally ,talk of butties.Chip butties are lush but only if the chips are hot enough to melt the butter.as a kid I often ate sugar butties,biscuit butties and when folks were really skint ,tomato sauce or brown sauce sandwiches.my favourite now is egg mayonnaise with Marmite.

There was a really lovely sandwich shop round the corner from where i worked where you could choose your own fillings...........my fave was cheese, pineapple and beetroot..........mmmmmmmmmmm

When in my teens I used to enjoy leftover shepherds pie butty.

Sliced white bread, butter, my mum's lovely shepherds pie and Worcester sauce...... I'm making myself really hungry thinking about it!

When in my teens I used to enjoy leftover shepherds pie butty.

Sliced white bread, butter, my mum's lovely shepherds pie and Worcester sauce...... I'm making myself really hungry thinking about it!
I have enjoyed this fine sarnie :thumbs: (not your mum's one obvs)

When I was a child and my mum was ill dad used to make marmite and cornflake sandwiches they were lush, the texture and slightly sweet with salty worked a treat !!

I'm going to appall the office tomorrow by having a peanut butter and gherkin bap for breakfast :D
I have never had this before but I've just bought a big jar of lovely sweet pickled gherkins and I can imagine them going very well with peanut butter.

Back
Top Bottom