Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sandwiches.

20240403_092526.jpg

I'm all about making shareable BLT's on a whole loaf. I say sharable but they're rarely shared. This one had 900g of bacon.

This next one was made outside a farmer's market when we lived in our bus, I'd just scored all the ingredients super cheap...

DSC_0636.jpg

But you can't really beat a cold blt with butterfly chicken breast and two fried eggs after a weeks graft and an all night bike ride...

IMG_20230509_082840.jpg

I got an ear bending from a mate about mixing fish and cheese but I'm so down with that sort of thing. Peas though. Fuckin winner.

I put a search into my Google photos for 'sandwiches' and the majority were photos of burgers. Are burgers a sandwich? Or does the bread have to come from a loaf for it to be considered sandwich?

Totally agree. I am yet to find a food that can't be bettered with cheese.

One of my Friday lunch treats was a beaut. Had to be in this order, the local butty shop had it on lock.
Mayo, turkey, bacon, loads of sliced tomato, salt, pepper and more mayo, spinach, lettuce, two soft fried eggs and grated strong cheddar, no butter - on a giant bap.

The cheese would just start to melt onto the egg, the yolk would run through the lettuce, the tomato/mayo combo in the middle and a solid meaty base.

Then I wouldn't eat again 'til I got in at dawn. I'd be so fat if I could stay still.

I think I’ve just put on half a stone reading this thread 😀. My 10 bobs’ worth is my breakfast toasted sarnie this morning consisting of a slice of 50/50 Kingsmill bread, layer of chopped red onion, mature cheddar, chopped mini plum tomatoes, good dusting of white pepper, pinch of salt, processed cheese slice, slick of homemade mayonnaise on the facing slice, in the sandwich toaster for 6 minutes and that’s it. Bloody lovely! 😋

• Wow
Reactions: Sue
Had a ham, vintage cheddar, onion, tomato and Ballymaloe Relish toasted sandwich for lunch today.

Sorry....no pics....

Back
Top Bottom