Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wear masks in shops

Masks are handed out at stations in Scotland & are also free on entering a hospital. Some Urb in Portugal said the Govt posted three to every person. Should be done here. Afterall the amount the the government has splashed out on PPE a few masks at 5p a pop would help those that claim the can't afford/get hold of masks.
Some people genuinely can't afford masks. They're a quid a pop. That's a lot at the end of the week.

Masks are handed out at stations in Scotland & are also free on entering a hospital. Some Urb in Portugal said the Govt posted three to every person. Should be done here. Afterall the amount the the government has splashed out on PPE a few masks at 5p a pop would help those that claim the can't afford/get hold of masks.
They are at some mainline stations in London tbf. Who is supplying them is tbc

Some people genuinely can't afford masks. They're a quid a pop. That's a lot at the end of the week.
It is rude.

Have seen Amazon (tax cunts I know) offering 100 medial mask less than a tenner. Boots by comparison are offering 50 for £30.

If anyone needs masks then pm me and I will send them to you. There is a thread on this website for you to ask for help on. I am not well off but Spymaster is and gave me his word he will cover costs.

If you find that awkward then pm me.

You'd need to be buying millions of them to get them at that price. They're about a quid each to the punter.

or more if you buy them from the bottle shop

still if they willing to piss away money to people with a track record of complete failure

why not supply them to everyone in the population the cost with be less than a second out break

expecting free enterprise to supply them has lead to the levels of infection in Trumpland

They give them out for free at hospitals. I am sure if they are bulk bought they are only around 5p but could be wrong. Supermarkets should offer them free to customers to encourage wearing.
The cost of giving them out free is nothing compared to costs if somebody passes Covid-19 to staff and/or other sick patients. No brainer.

Supermarkets are run by cunts so you have to legislate.

Do it like parking.

Free mask on arrival
Spend over £5 and the mask is free
Otherwise the mask (subsided) is 20p

If our failing government and these supermarket shitehawks can't manage that we are fucked

I'm sure this will be as well enforced as the masks on public transport.
At my local Sainsburys there is someone on the door controlling the number of shoppers in store at any one time. They currently stop couples going in together & would not be hard for them to insist that 'no mask = No entry' If they had free masks for shoppers then it would make it even easier. They could even have Sainsburys slapped across the front of the mask & take it out of their advertising budget.

It is all very well wearing a mask but I am apparently not allowed to try on anything in the shops which makes visiting them in the first place a bit dubious ..

I'm sure this will be as well enforced as the masks on public transport.

As a self enforced society we luckily don't need cops to police this generally. I'd guess train and bus compliance is 95% plus from my experience. We are good people (with a few twats obviously).

It raises an eyebrow when someone on TV in a pub was talking about how safe it felt as the staff had masks on. Yet they didn't have masks on as they were supping a pint, and I am guessing no one else did. Seemed a weird point to make.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom